IGNORED

How to contact the Argon guys?

CrazyBoss

50 minutes ago, CrazyBoss said:

Hi.

Thanks for a great Expo yesterday, I was the almost the whole time :) even it was quite  late for us in Europe.

I failed to catch the contract info for the Argon guys, I downloaded the emualtor it looks promising :)

Any have there email or atari age profile.

Hi, Claus,

Brian's nick in AtariAge is @bhall408.  You can contact him directly to get more information.

-dZ.

Hi Claus - glad we connected!

For others that are wondering, here is the rest of the contact information for Argon...

Web Page/Download Links/Info - www.playargon.com

Support/Knowledge Base/Instructions - support.markspace.com

Instagram

Twitter

Argon is now available as a public beta on the Google Play store. We have Amazon and Raspberry Pi versions that will come out later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CrazyBoss said:

Thanks dZ. And thanks again for a great show Saturday. I would like to know abit more in detail about the ai for the ghost. I know you explained it before, but maybe could supply a bit of pseudocode.

Hi, @CrazyBoss,

Not to hijack this thread, I posted a response to your question in the Pac-Man-to-Carol thread.  I hope it provides the insight you were looking for.

Just a note that I have installed the Android version on my Chromebook, and have been playing with it the last couple of nights.

It seems to work well - except I can't get it to recognize Download\Argon so that I can load from My Library....

Just now, ls650 said:

Just a note that I have installed the Android version on my Chromebook, and have been playing with it the last couple of nights.

It seems to work well - except I can't get it to recognize Download\Argon so that I can load from My Library....

Accessing folders requires an Android permission (that Argon asks for on first install). One thought would be to double check the permission for storage access is allowed.

We also have some support/knowledge base articles on using either download/Argon or Google drive for My Library...

See Add games to My Library in Argon - Android device and Add games to My Library in Argon - Google Drive

We have a database that will attempt to match games based on a hash of the file (and doesn't care about name or extension), but if that search comes up empty, we look at the file extensions, and use the following:

• Atari 2600 - .a26
  • Atari Lynx - .lnx
  • ColecoVision - .col
  • Intellivision - .int
  • Vectrex - .vec

.bin and .rom are ambiguous, and we'll try and figure it out the platform if we can, but best to use the unambiguous extensions if possible.

If that doesn't help, PM me, and we can dig a bit deeper.

Got it working with Google drive.  I've given about 10 roms on the 2600, Coleco, and Lynx a try.  The emulation is good.  

I'm runningit on an Acer Chromebook.  I don't have a touchscreen, but I have a generic USB gamepad plugged in and that works very well!

• Like 1