IGNORED

OoeyGUI v4.0 Released!

Shift838

3 hours ago, dgrissom said:

1st!  I continue to love and use OoeyGUI.   @Shift838 , you've done a wonderful job on this!

Now a question (feature request?):  In the setup, we can select where our Diskette directory is located.  That works fine.

If I have subfolders in the directory with sorted files, I don't seem to be able to load them.  I can select them.  However, OG only reads the root.  I can easily work around this, but wonder if this is normal?  (If it is a bug then I missed this during beta ? )

DG

do you mean if you OoeyGui disks directory is configured as '/ooeygui/disks and you have a disk image called 'test.dsk' say in '/disks/mydisks' the disk image does not load from the sub-directory 'mydisks' ?

I also forget, which OS Platform are you running it on?

Edited by Shift838

36 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

do you mean if you OoeyGui disks directory is configured as '/ooeygui/disks and you have a disk image called 'test.dsk' say in '/disks/mydisks' the disk image does not load from the sub-directory 'mydisks' ?

I also forget, which OS Platform are you running it on?

Exactly.  Running on Raspberry Pi 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been successful recently in downloading Ooeygui V 4.01 from Sourceforge? I have tried several times and all that I get is a series of pop-up ads before the download stops (actually before it even starts). The alternative download sites don't work either.

Edited by atrax27407

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 7:40 PM, Shift838 said:

@arcadeshopperhas suggested to have a demonstration via a the Zoom meeting.  I think that is a great idea.  Lets get it set up.

Enjoy!

I don't recall if this happened, but there is nothing to setup. Just join, butt-in and offer to demostrate. 

In post #1, the manual link is to the windows archive for version 4.0.2. The windows link is to the windows archive for version 4.0.1. 

Is there a manual link that is not the entire thing again for windows? 

Or does 'manual' mean not automated in this context?

Edited by jedimatt42

3 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

In post #1, the manual link is to the windows archive for version 4.0.2. The windows link is to the windows archive for version 4.0.1. 

Is there a manual link that is not the entire thing again for windows? 

Or does 'manual' mean not automated in this context?

I fixed the links.  Manual is just for the manual.  I must have clicked it by accident and replaced the link somehow.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Thank you for the new version. It's working fine, except I haven't been able to load any config - the program just shuts down when I try.

I find 'load config' confusing too... given there is a 'select system to load' that is a drop down list of the configs...  loading a config core dumps for me.

ooeygui.py: line 1067 _butloadcfg, NoneType has no attribute 'text'

-- I have succeeded with download and install of mame... I probably need to read the entire manual now... Picking a cartridge fails cause it let me navigate to a different directory to find my FCMD.RPK, and then didn't pass a fully qualified pathname to mame. 

25 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Mame requires the carts to be in the rompath

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

That isn't 100% true. RPK's are left over for bespoke carts, or so I've read, and practiced, such as when I'm developing.. and fully qualified paths for RPK's work from the command line. 

Edited by jedimatt42

RPK cartridge files are referenced by their path name (=path+filename). The path name may be freely chosen, wherever you have access to. Thus, RPKs may be picked in a file dialog.

ZIP cartridges are referenced by their program name. This name is hard coded inside the hash/ti99_cart.xml file and should not be changed. The ROMs for the program are searched by the core ROM loader within the ROMPATH as <programname>.zip. You can get a list of available programs by invoking MAME as follows:

mame64 -getsoftlist ti99_cart

This is the full xml file; you may want to look for "<software name=", e.g.

./mame64 -getsoftlist ti99_cart | grep "<software name=" | sed "s/^.*=//" | sed "s/>//"
Edited by mizapf
  • Like 2

On 1/15/2021 at 6:13 PM, jedimatt42 said:

I find 'load config' confusing too... given there is a 'select system to load' that is a drop down list of the configs...  loading a config core dumps for me.

ooeygui.py: line 1067 _butloadcfg, NoneType has no attribute 'text'

-- I have succeeded with download and install of mame... I probably need to read the entire manual now... Picking a cartridge fails cause it let me navigate to a different directory to find my FCMD.RPK, and then didn't pass a fully qualified pathname to mame. 

This was originally put in before I had the drop down list of the favorites.  This probably should be removed to mitigate any confusion.  I do see there error you stated above as well.  so as i fix it, i will remove the buttons and only allow the populated combo box that populates from your /favorites folder within the Ooeygui root directory.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:21 PM, jedimatt42 said:

If that were 100% then my request would be that ooeygui not allow navigation in the file picker.

The way that OoeyGUI is designed as of 4.0 is that all carts (.rpk and .zip) should be within the /carts directory within the MAME folder.  all this is saved in the ooeygui.xml file for paths and executables.  In order to select a cartridge a user must browse to it with the 'file picker' in order to pass the appropriate commands to mame.  I purposely pull the folder path from the xml configuration file for ooeygui in order to be able to have the logic to know if it is a rpk or .zip file so that OoeyGUI passes the correct arguments to MAME.

I cannot remove the ability once in the file dialog for a user to move through their directory structure as that is inherited by the OS. 

Once ooeygui is configured though when opening the file dialog option the file open dialog will open from the current OoeyGUI directory configuration for 'carts' or 'disks' as saved in the ooeygui.xml file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 12:49 AM, Asmusr said:

It would be great to be able to pick .rpk files from any directory, so you don't have to copy each new version into the carts directory. As mizapf wrote, all you need to do is to provide the full path to MAME. 

i'll work on this for the next update to 4.0..  maybe even an option to be able to select where to copy the carts and the disks during install..

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

@Shift838 malwarebytes is marking this as malware and quarantining.. fyi 

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/malware-ai/

image.thumb.png.6ae91919e8fbbf81449fc68f1618232e.png

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/42-file-detections/  for reporting false positives

Greg,

Please export the log and post it here so I can snag it and send it to Malwarebytes.  They are asking for it.

• Like 1