Jump to content
Shift838

OoeyGUI v4.0 Released!

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, GDMike said:

I'm watching this as I know nothing of mame.

I ran FuSiON BBS on Emulated Geneve 9640 via MAME for 3 years utilizing the Serial Bridge interface.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

From my understanding the Raspberry Pi 400 is a standard Raspberry Pi4 with 4GB ram.

 

May I ask what OS you have on it if?  I have tested on a RPi4 and a couple of others have and it has installed with no issues.

 

May I ask where it stops for the 98%  can you take a screenshot or copy the contents of the status window and post please.

 

When it reads 98% it should be around after TIIMAGETOOL has been downloaded.  After download it should expand TIIMAGETOOL.

 

You should have a 'tiimagetool' within the directory where you flagged MAME to be installed.  If not, then please also check your 'temp' folder within the folder where you ran OoeyGUI to see if the TIIMAGETOOL.zip file is there.

 

 

 

The OS is NOOBS I guess, what ever comes stock, prebuilt on the SD card they supplied with the 400 kit.   I will get a screen shot of the error message that shows up on the console. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[email protected]:~ $ cd /home/pi
[email protected]:~ $ cd OoeyGUI
[email protected]:~/OoeyGUI $ sudo ./ooeygui
pygame 1.9.4.post1
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
/home/pi/mameinstall/mame0226b_ti99_raspbian32bit/mame: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3595, in _installmame
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3829, in mamesetup
  File "ooeygui.py", line 265, in modifymameconfig
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/pi/mameinstall/mame0226b_ti99_raspbian32bit/mame.ini'
Aborted
 

 

Copy/Paste from the console after the crash.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DavidC said:

The mameinstall folder after the crashtheinsstallfolder.thumb.png.c93541f55bfa4344915d6858e58cc969.png

look in your temp folder where you ran ooeygui to see  if the tiimagetool.zip file is there please.

 

Also please open your mameurls.xml file and verify the tiimagetool url and file are configured.

 

it should be have the below two lines in it:

 

<TITURL>http://ftp.whtech.com/pc%20utilities/</TITURL>
  <TITFILE>tiimagetool.zip</TITFILE>

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to install the libSDL2_ttf library in your operating system. This is required for MAME.

 

For Raspbian this should be something like "sudo apt install libsdl2-ttf"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DavidC said:

[email protected]:~ $ cd /home/pi
[email protected]:~ $ cd OoeyGUI
[email protected]:~/OoeyGUI $ sudo ./ooeygui
pygame 1.9.4.post1
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
/home/pi/mameinstall/mame0226b_ti99_raspbian32bit/mame: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3595, in _installmame
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3829, in mamesetup
  File "ooeygui.py", line 265, in modifymameconfig
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/pi/mameinstall/mame0226b_ti99_raspbian32bit/mame.ini'
Aborted
 

 

Copy/Paste from the console after the crash.

 

some how I missed the particular post.  Install the SDL as Michael suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok...I typed    sudo apt install libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0      in the console and it installed the package.   Then I ran ooeygui again and tried to reinstall mame.  It crashed again with this message on the console:

 

Get:1 http://raspbian.mirror.constant.com/raspbian buster/main armhf libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0 armhf 2.0.15+dfsg1-1 [14.7 kB]
Fetched 14.7 kB in 1s (14.9 kB/s)            
Selecting previously unselected package libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0:armhf.
(Reading database ... 140632 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0_2.0.15+dfsg1-1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0:armhf (2.0.15+dfsg1-1) ...
Setting up libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0:armhf (2.0.15+dfsg1-1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
[email protected]:~ $ cd /home/pi
[email protected]:~ $ cd OoeyGUI
[email protected]:~/OoeyGUI $ sudo ./ooeygui
pygame 1.9.4.post1
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3595, in _installmame
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3833, in mamesetup
  File "ooeygui.py", line 108, in desktopshortcut
  File "desktop_file/LinuxShortcut.py", line 41, in __init__
  File "posixpath.py", line 80, in join
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType
Aborted
[email protected]:~/OoeyGUI $ 
 

 

 

I must be doing something wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DavidC said:

Ok...I typed    sudo apt install libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0      in the console and it installed the package.   Then I ran ooeygui again and tried to reinstall mame.  It crashed again with this message on the console:

 

Get:1 http://raspbian.mirror.constant.com/raspbian buster/main armhf libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0 armhf 2.0.15+dfsg1-1 [14.7 kB]
Fetched 14.7 kB in 1s (14.9 kB/s)            
Selecting previously unselected package libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0:armhf.
(Reading database ... 140632 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0_2.0.15+dfsg1-1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0:armhf (2.0.15+dfsg1-1) ...
Setting up libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0:armhf (2.0.15+dfsg1-1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
[email protected]:~ $ cd /home/pi
[email protected]:~ $ cd OoeyGUI
[email protected]:~/OoeyGUI $ sudo ./ooeygui
pygame 1.9.4.post1
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3595, in _installmame
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3833, in mamesetup
  File "ooeygui.py", line 108, in desktopshortcut
  File "desktop_file/LinuxShortcut.py", line 41, in __init__
  File "posixpath.py", line 80, in join
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType
Aborted
[email protected]:~/OoeyGUI $ 
 

 

 

I must be doing something wrong. 

i would suggest if you have a different SD card instead of using NOOBS install the Raspberry OS itself onto the new card not sure which OS you selected when booting NOOBS to be installed.  If I recall correctly NOOBS gives you an option to install Raspberry Pi OS or LibreELEC as well as options to download and install other 3rd party OS'.

 

Which did you select to install ?

 

 

Edited by Shift838

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shift838 said:

i would suggest if you have a different SD card instead of using NOOBS install the Raspberry OS itself onto the new card not sure which OS you selected when booting NOOBS to be installed.  If I recall correctly NOOBS gives you an option to install Raspberry Pi OS or LibreELEC as well as options to download and install other 3rd party OS'.

 

Which did you select to install ?

 

 

I didn't, the 400 came with the SD Card preconfigured with The Raspberry Pi OS on it.  All I did was turn it on and start using it.   I will get another SD card and start from scratch.   

 

edit:  What OS do you recommend?  If it works on your test Rpi's what OS is on them?  

Edited by DavidC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can afford some more patience, I would recommend not to switch too early to another OS before this problem is solved. Maybe there is some version requirement for some library.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mizapf said:

If you can afford some more patience, I would recommend not to switch too early to another OS before this problem is solved. Maybe there is some version requirement for some library.

I will do the best I can to help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I got it working!   I got a new SD card, installed Raspberry PI OS,  installed JRE and started from scratch.   It still crashed at the very end of installing MAME like it did before. BUT...this time when I configred the paths for everything and hit "Launch"  IT WORKED!!!  I don't know how or why...but it did.  Cool beans.  Thanks for your help you guys. I am learning as I go..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does OoeyGUI v4.0 work with rpk files? (It doesn't seem to work for me.)

Edited by Asmusr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Does OoeyGUI v4.0 work with rpk files? (It doesn't seem to work for me.)

Yes. I put RXB2015 .rpk in my carts folder and it works fine. I also put XBGEM rpk in the carts folder and that works fine also.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Does OoeyGUI v4.0 work with rpk files? (It doesn't seem to work for me.)

OoeyGUI 4.0 auto detect between .rpk and .zip cartridge files.  this is new compared the the last versions.  As @DavidCstated, just put them in your carts folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shift838 said:

OoeyGUI 4.0 auto detect between .rpk and .zip cartridge files.  this is new compared the the last versions.  As @DavidCstated, just put them in your carts folder.

Thanks, so does that mean it doesn't work if they are not in the carts folder? I usually generate my rpk files in the project folders they belong to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pjduplooy said:

Hi Asmusr

 

How does one generate a rpk from files?  I would like to make a rpk from the newest Extended Basic G.E.M.

rpk files are really zip files. Try to rename one and see what's inside it. If you want to create a new rpk you need to edit the layout.xml file to match the ROM and GROM files inside the archive. For more information see https://www.ninerpedia.org/wiki/MESS_cartridge_handling#RomPacK_cartridge_images_.28RPK.29

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Thanks, so does that mean it doesn't work if they are not in the carts folder? I usually generate my rpk files in the project folders they belong to.

I have found that as long as you configure the path to the folder where the .rpk is, within the Ooeygui configuration tab, it will work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Thanks, so does that mean it doesn't work if they are not in the carts folder? I usually generate my rpk files in the project folders they belong to.

The setup program just creates a carts, disks folder etc.  You can always go in and change it, but if installing MAME via OoeyGUI it does it all for you.  But you can move things around and customize as long as you change the configuration directories and resave the configuration.  Of course copy your carts and disks to those directories.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shift838 said:

The setup program just creates a carts, disks folder etc.  You can always go in and change it, but if installing MAME via OoeyGUI it does it all for you.  But you can move things around and customize as long as you change the configuration directories and resave the configuration.  Of course copy your carts and disks to those directories.

It doesn't seem to work if there is a space in the directory name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st!  I continue to love and use OoeyGUI.   @Shift838 , you've done a wonderful job on this!

 

Now a question (feature request?):  In the setup, we can select where our Diskette directory is located.  That works fine.

If I have subfolders in the directory with sorted files, I don't seem to be able to load them.  I can select them.  However, OG only reads the root.  I can easily work around this, but wonder if this is normal?  (If it is a bug then I missed this during beta 😲 )

 

DG

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...