IGNORED

ATARI Jag Joystick - DIY.

dash_rendar

Hello dear forum users.

I would like to build my own joystick for the Jaguar. 2 sticks (digital) and 8 buttons. Do I need anything else besides the 4.7kOhm resistors and the 74HC244?

I would implement the number field "below" with 12 buttons, then 2 joysticks, 8 buttons (6 for A, B, C, X, Y, Z "PAUSE" and "OPTION"). I build the whole thing into a kind of console, the output will be an HDMI port, along with an adapter where the DSUB15 plug (for connection to the Jaguar console) and an HDMI socket are installed. This means that I can easily swap the cable ...

My question is now, if I look at the ATARI-Jaguar-F.A.Q.-Page "https://gamesx.com/controldata/ejp_faq.htm?fbclid=IwAR0d0-9Au89nVMOvWCa3CORDPSB8p_yC9xr0ltGPOZcsbgxRD1krV0gLTfU" i just look at what is said about 4,74kOHk and a resistance of 4,74kOHk24. Is that enough or do you really have to plan for diodes (1N4148) somewhere? Does any of you have a circuit diagram where you don't get "killed" directly?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dash_rendar said:

I would like to build my own joystick for the Jaguar. 2 sticks (digital) and 8 buttons. Do I need anything else besides the 4.7kOhm resistors and the 74HC244?

Yes, 16 1N4148 diodes.

8 hours ago, dash_rendar said:

Does any of you have a circuit diagram where you don't get "killed" directly?

I don't understand what you mean. Anyways, the circuit diagram in the Jaguar FAQ is correct. Just use it as is.