IGNORED

Connecting 600XL up via RF?

bfollowell

OK, first off, I haven't connected anything via RF in many, many years. Secondly, I really don't want to, at least long term. The only reason I'm considering it is to check for proof of life, or at least a relatively easy repair, on a 600XL I have coming in, before I send off for a UAV and monitor port for it. I haven't had any real Atari switch boxes or cables in at least a couple of decades, maybe longer. I may have an old NES switchbox around here somewhere, but I'm not certain, and I'm even less certain if it works if I do have it.

So, does anyone know if an old NES switch/connector like this would work with a 600XL?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.0f5fe2a43a83694ef001fb3dce58c63b.jpg

If not, does anyone have any suggestions or links for a decent switchbox that will work a 600XL?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Either it just no longer works, or doesn't work with an 800XL for some reason.

Automatic switchboxes like the NES's don't work with any pre-crash system that originally used a manual switchbox, which I think is because the RF modulators on these systems don't have the voltage offset necessary to trigger the autoswitching circuitry. The one exception is the 4-port 5200 but that has its own weird switchbox with the power input built in.

• Like 1