IGNORED

new COLECOVISION homebrew game announcement - November 27, 2020

timdu

Hi everyone

I am happy to announce that I will be publishing and releasing a new COLECOVISION homebrew game  on Black Friday, November 27!

I do not want to spoil the surprise but I will give some details over the next few days.

The game was programmed by KIWI here on Atari Age. He is an awesome Colecovision programmer and
you may be familiar with some of his other Colecovision games:

Pong
Computer Space
Spunky’s Super Car
Flapee Byrd
Vanguard
Challenger

( all of these games were published by COLLECTORVISION )

So, please return to this forum and on Thanksgiving eve !

I will make the announcement just before or around midnight  12:00 AM EST this Friday.

thanks,

Tim Duarte
2600 Connection

count monday.JPG

Edited by timdu
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

OK here is today's hint about the new COLECOVISION game that is being published on Black Friday, November 27!

"That’s what it’s all about, isn’t it? That’s what it’s always been about. Gifts, gifts… gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts! 

The avarice never ends! :  I want golf clubs. I want diamonds. I want a pony so I can ride it twice, get bored and sell it to make glue.”

count tuesday.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dutch Colecovision Fan said:

Well, Mean Santa hasn't been released yet and Mean Santa is inspired by Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

It seems obvious but what about Dr. Seuss?

That’s it! Hate to burst everyone’s bubble but we got one of the Coleco vaporware edutainment Dr. Seuss titles to look forward to! ?

4 hours ago, Dutch Colecovision Fan said:

Well, Mean Santa hasn't been released yet and Mean Santa is inspired by Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

It seems obvious but what about Dr. Seuss?

I seriously hope that Tim is not doing a week-long surprise reveal build up for a "new ColecoVision homebrew" game, as the topic title states, that was already announced and has a demo rom available. 

While of course I would support it and buy it as I have the original 2600 version and it is a great game, was he not aware that Mean Santa for the ColecoVision was already announced and posted about? 

The title screen on the current rom even says "2600 Connection Presents" on it, so hasn't this already technically been announced? 

53585386_ScreenShot2020-11-25at1_12_12PM.thumb.png.1b421fe6f9aa4580797d0353ebb441e3.png

I don't mean to spoil anything, but I think you may be leading people down a road of disappointment if your "new ColecoVision homebrew" announcement turns out to be a game that has already been announced and there is a current demo rom available that you can play right now... 

MeanSantaDemo2.rom

8 minutes ago, TPR said:

I really seriously hope that Tim is not doing a week-long "surprise" reveal build up for a game that was already announced and has a demo rom available. 

MeanSantaDemo2.rom 13.5 kB · 1 download

But that’s the society that we live in now-a-days. Just keep rehashing the same old thing just repackaged in a shiny new shell.

Case in point.... Hollywood!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

We're trying to build suspense, sorry. Yes, it's Mean Santa. 

Well, I would still be very much looking forward to it because it's a great game, but I don't think it was the best idea for Tim to post "new ColecoVision homebrew" making it sound like it was something new that we had never heard or seen before and we should keep "guessing" as to what it is. Just my opinion of course.

Either way, great work on the game and I look forward to buying a copy!

Thank you for keeping this console alive!

1 minute ago, TPR said:

Well, I would still be very much looking forward to it because it's a great game, but I don't think it was the best idea for Tim to post making it sound like it was something new that we had never heard or seen before and we should keep "guessing" as to what it is. Just my opinion of course.

It's been a weird year, sorry.  I can't wait 2020 is finished. 

3 minutes ago, TPR said:

Either way, great work on the game and I look forward to buying a copy!

Thank you.  I had a lot of fun making it. 

• Like 1

Oh, man!  I honestly forgot about that post from December 24, 2019:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/299888-coming-in-2020-mean-santa-for-the-colecovision/

Sorry about that, guys.  Sorry to burst your bubble. It is MEAN SANTA for the COLECOVISION.

No one posted about it since February 2, 2020. Right before the COVID-19 mess.  

Yes, it has been an odd year. And it seems like time has flown by since March 16, when everything began to shut down due to the pandemic.

You can play the demo in an emulator and get a flavor of what the game is like.

However, KIWI has added some cool stuff that is not present in the demo that we posted on December 24, 2019.

So I hope you will consider buying it.

I was just trying to do  a little "snazzy" marketing and generate some interest with the countdown and the quotes from the Grinch movie from 2000 that starred Jim Carrey.

Too bad.. I found a nice quote from the 2018 "THE GRINCH" computer-animated film produced by Illumination and distributed by Universal Pictures:

“He swept up their presents with the speed of a wiz. And he knew he’d cause sadness, only theirs now, not his. All this excess and nonsense, it was all about greed.

About meaningless stuff that they didn’t even need. He scooped up the toys. He raced against time, he raced against joy. He hit a few snags as he made his way through."

OK so the cat is out of the hat, I mean, the bag.

thank you for your support,

Tim D.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2