IGNORED

new COLECOVISION homebrew game announcement - November 27, 2020

timdu

ordered?

On 11/26/2020 at 10:22 PM, timdu said:

OK! I am happy to announce that MEAN SANTA for the COLECOVISION is now available for sale.

The price is $29 plus shipping.  

$6 for the USA, 

$15 for anywhere else in the world.

Includes game cartridge with color label, printed 8-page color manual, and a black plastic storage case with a color printed insert.

Please visit my web site to order:

http://www.2600connection.com/features/meancv/meancv.html

thank you for your support & please let me know if you have any questions!

Tim D.

bmc.jpg

• Like 1

Received my copy! It helps that the package didn't have to travel far. The storage case was clever and everything is very satisfying. I was impressed it even fits in the colecovision box protectors (even if it is not needed for this type of case it is nice to have them uniform on a shelf).  The artwork is great in person. Thanks again!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zinister said:

Thank you Mean Santa.

I had fun playing this wonderful game all weekend.

Hey, I thought Mean Santa was supposed to take, and not give, presents away.  Clearly Santa is somewhat conflicted.

I too have been playing the game and thoroughly enjoying it.  Quite a lot more to it than I was expecting.  Kudos to Kiwi on another fine game.

• Like 1

I want to thank you all for buying this game and wish you all Happy Holiday. 

Here's some cheats and Easter Egg.

Easter Egg hint: On password screen, if you wish to turn Christmas to Halloween, then enter the last 2 digits of this movie.  Then you can play as this character

Cheats:

Longer sleep time for the doggy = 66
3 more hearts for Mean Weather level, stacks with what you have =77

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

@timdu is it all the cartridges in the early shipments that are subject to failing chips? If we aren’t showing any garbled graphics, black screens or turn game off before inserting cartridge should we be fine?

If your MEAN SANTA game is playing fine, then you do not need to do anything.

I have received a few emails from a few customers that a message that states “Turn Game Off before Inserting Cartridge or Expansion” appears on the TV. Or the game would start, but then it would change to all garbled graphics on the screen. Or sometimes it would just show a solid black screen.

I have sent emails back to these customers and replied to them and have asked these customers to  send the problematic cartridge back to me, and I would offer a replacement.

Upon investigating this, it has been determined that some of the EPROMs and GAL chips that I used on the printed circuit board were failing and / or were defective.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR ALL OF THEM!

With the problem to be fixed with a failing cartridge, the chips have to be desoldered off the printed circuit board and new ones have to be programmed and soldered on.

I was hoping that I would receive the new supply of chips but they have not arrived as of yet.

I am told that the USPS is overwhelmed with packages this holiday season.
We are being told that "High shipping volumes are causing some delays. Please allow extra time."

Again, if your game is working fine, you don't need to do anything. 

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to send an email or send me a private message here on Atari Age.

thanks,

Tim

• Like 1