IGNORED

Quick Question about VBXE

Dmitry

1 minute ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Exactly what you are doing to others.

Where? I just asked one question: what I have to break in my machine to trigger the issue the OP was describing. You said my machine is over the specs? Fine, then how to lower the specs, it is wording only. Then you end up insinuating things on my intentions.... so, for the sake of being helpful, how do you imagine I have to ask this question to satisfy you?

You pretty much state you are not willing to experiment to find out. You don't want to grab that tire and shake or move it. It's okay. Example have been given, but they aren't good enough. That's fine. I guess no one is going to find out why... and no one will care... it's too frustrating to talk, deduce, or theorize when no one really cares. So long as they can say that it works for them. Then it's all good.

We are glad it works for you. I will no longer install them, I will not suggest to anyone to buy one. You have helped me see why so many others feel the same. I am also going to suggest to my fellow importers not to carry the rapidus and will point to these forums for an idea of what they will have to deal with. No support, no help. Plenty of attitude. rapidus is the only perfect upgrade ever made, if it doesn't work, your gear and your customers gear aren't worthy... if you ask questions, you aren't either.... we get it. Enjoy the 25 (is it more or less) person rapidus club.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Geezus,

I've been part of this community for a comparable 5 mins and I've seen 'plenty' of evidence by very knowledgeable people that Rapidus in certain hardware configurations has a positively undeniable reset issue. When I finally manage to find an A8, there is a certain item of hardware I will be sure to install in my system...

...And it's certainly not Rapidus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

You pretty much state you are not willing to experiment to find out.

Of course, for two reasons:

1) I am a programmer, I only write software. I will not swap chips, I could break something. I actually did the experiment I was able to do: I swapped my green Rapidus board with a white-board one to see if this makes a difference. It did none.

2) I do not think that it is a good method actually and also I do not think that doing a random chip swapping I could get with enough probability to the point the OP already was. Thus my question, on how to reproduce that (the "wild spikes").

7 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Plenty of attitude. rapidus is the only perfect upgrade ever made, if it doesn't work, your gear and your customers gear aren't worthy... if you ask questions, you aren't either....

There are no such thing in the world as "my customers". That is first. Second, I already said something on putting words in my mouth and I will not repeat that. I guess that asking you where I said something about Rapidus being perfect or even sometning remotely alike would be pointless. Trying to divert the discussion to emotions you are getting nowhere. Now, good night for good. Let us hope that tomorrow will bring some answers.

1 minute ago, Mazzspeed said:

has a positively undeniable reset issue

The point is that I want to reproduce this "positively undeniable issue" on my computer because it does not occur here. Are not simple words understandable anymore or what?

Then why did you waste all of our time acting as if you could or would do something? What a waste.

Your purpose is to defend the only perfect upgrade it would seem. Nice.

I really am losing my respect for you.

I feel quite sad abut that. It does me sorrow.

There is no point in playing around with such a finicky device.

Edited by _The Doctor__

5 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Then why did you waste all of our time acting as if you could or would do something? What a waste.

Because I have access to disgnostic tools and guys who are skilled with their use. So I want to know how to reproduce the issue, then (with some help) I will try to reproduce that, and finally (also with the help) see what is wrong here. And note that one my post was enough here, I just need one information, which I believe is available ("the issue is reproducible").

Apparently noone wants to do anyhing, so I have to.

Edited by drac030

9 minutes ago, drac030 said:

The point is that I want to reproduce this "positively undeniable issue" on my computer because it does not occur here. Are not simple words understandable anymore or what?

Get an XL, install U1MB and SIDE2/3 and install Rapidus. How hard is that?

I do not need anyone to send me anything. I just need information.

One more question,

24 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I will no longer install them, I will not suggest to anyone to buy one

You were installing or suggesting people buying a board which you believe is badly designed and causes issues?

3 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

Get an XL, install U1MB and SIDE2/3 and install Rapidus. How hard is that?

It is suggested that Rapidus ALONE causes the reset issue, and if so it should be reproducible even without U1MB or (hopefully) on XE also. Regardless, OP has XL, and if this is the key, then an XL will be used in reproducing.

4 minutes ago, drac030 said:

It is suggested that Rapidus ALONE causes the reset issue, and if so it should be reproducible even without U1MB or (hopefully) on XE also. Regardless, OP has XL, and if this is the key, then an XL will be used in reproducing.

This could very well be the silliest thing I've ever read in my life and a total cop out.

Rapidus with U1MB has an issue, it's undeniable. Rather than shovel blame onto anther product; Grab an XL, install U1MB and Rapidus and prove that the problem is U1MB - You actually need to provide proof. Once proof has been provided, then the problem can be resolved.

Expecting people to send you their own gear that could get damaged in transit is totally unacceptable and unrealistic.

Edited by Mazzspeed

Just now, Mazzspeed said:

Rapidus with U1MB has an issue, it's undeniable.

Perhaps. But at this stage I am not interested in that problem. OP said that the issue for him occurs with U1MB removed (if I understood correctly), so the best point to start IMHO is in the simpler configuration. If U1MB is not a factor, then what I have to prove regarding U1MB?

3 minutes ago, drac030 said:

Perhaps. But at this stage I am not interested in that problem. OP said that the issue for him occurs with U1MB removed (if I understood correctly), so the best point to start IMHO is in the simpler configuration. If U1MB is not a factor, then what I have to prove regarding U1MB?

So there is clear notification on the websites selling Rapidus as well as the product packaging and the installation instructions that Rapidus is not compatible with U1MB?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazzspeed said:

So there is clear notification on the websites selling Rapidus as well as the product packaging and the installation instructions that Rapidus is not compatible with U1MB?

I have no idea. You have to ask the sellers and owners of the respective websites.

not only that, it's become a game of parsing the text for crap to nit pick about.

No matter what you say it gets reversed

If you have a person provide you with a machine and the rapidus board and you find out there is a problem with it after that... why would you have installed it?.... well wtf if you didn't install it how would you know there was or wasn't a problem... if others are having the same experience then it's evident by the number of people saying this there is an issue.  Now  it's all nutty stuff like that.

Since we didn't know it had these issues and would be providing a poor experience, we installed them, when we found out the issues exist and heard from others that it's the same for them... we paused... after dealing with all the BS trying to get answers and the kind of run around such as is in full exposition here... we decide not to sell, promote, or install it. It's just that simple. I think that's what happened with FJC and TF_HH..... the list is growing... and it's very easy to see why.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Easy guys, don't shred your keyboards by chasing ghosts... even if they show up. ?

At the end of the day, NONE of these upgrades (except SIDE and U1MB) were designed in concert and coordination. They are the product of independent initiatives... for machines that were never meant to be expanded internally, anyway...

Better to establish a direct contact with the owner of the offending HW, and pick it up from there.

Edited by Faicuai

7 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

If you have a person provide you with a machine and the rapidus board and you find out there is a problem with it after that... why would you have installed it?

That is a weird question. Actually I have a machine with Rapidus installed and there is no issue with it. But I keep hearing that other have issues and finally I haeard that the issue is reproducible (not only recurring on this machine or that, but REPRODUCIBLE). So I just want to reproduce it to get to know the cause. Then, if there will be something substantial to say, I will share it with the designer. And that is all. Personally I have no interest in it, I do not get paid for each unit sold or something, and the board works for me and I am satisfied enjoying such an expanded Atari almost every day.

5 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

Who's design is it?

The designer is nicknamed Pasiu, Pasiu/SSG. It is a hardware guy living in some city in south-west.

PS. Quotation?

Edited by drac030

If there is a problem in certain configurations the consumer buying the product needs to be made fully aware.

You can't sell a product knowing there is an issue in certain configurations and blame the party that supplies the other product when you don't know conclusively whether the other parties product is the one at fault.

• Like 1

and now we take the sentences out of context too. you basically asked that very question acting as if people were purposely installing the crap knowing it was poor.... nice job cutting it off short too!

forget it!

Edited by _The Doctor__

drac030 is just trolling at this point. This is a waste of time. I'd just chalk this up to an piece of equipment not ready for prime time and it's defender. Everyone that's smart will just ignore the whole pile of sh*t and move on.

I wouldn't bother with the upgrade or conversations around it at this juncture. Waste of time, money, and enjoyment. There are better ways to enjoy your hobby... rapidus and the fan club aren't worth it.

Maybe some distant time in the future when answers are forth coming... I am not participating though. I almost thought there was an avenue to get something done. Turns out it's just nonsense for someone to pass the time with. Nothing . Zilch, Nada, non productive circle jerk.

Just now, _The Doctor__ said:

This is a waste of time.

Do not waste your time, then. I can see that you are not really interested in finding out what could possibly wrong there, and especially what are the criteria an Atari has to meet to trigger the issue OP was documenting.

10 minutes ago, drac030 said:

You are directing this at the wrong person, I am not the seller.

PS. Quotation, please.

So you're just a Raidus fan that has nothing to do with the device directing blame at the other half of this unnecessary scenario with no concrete evidence whatsoever?

If that's the case, I agree with The Doctor - This is no more than pointless wind blowing.

Edited by Mazzspeed