IGNORED

Quick Question about VBXE

Dmitry

Just now, Mazzspeed said:

So you're just a Raidus fan that has nothing to do with the device directing blame at the other half of this unnecessary scenario?

So to sum up, you accused me that I was expecting that people would "send me gear", and when asked three times for a quotation proving it, being unable to provide one, you are now trying to accuse me of "blaming the other half" (what half?) though my posts expressly say something else. Congratulations ;)

26 minutes ago, drac030 said:

So to sum up, you accused me that I was expecting that people would "send me gear", and when asked three times for a quotation proving it, being unable to provide one, you are now trying to accuse me of "blaming the other half" (what half?) though my posts expressly say something else. Congratulations ;)

I didn't accuse you specifically at all, it has been stated to certain individuals that if they have a problem with Rapidus and U1B they need to send the devices to a certain individual for inspection - I never claimed you were the one making the statements.

10 minutes ago, drac030 said:

Yup. The code for PBI device #0 and Rapidus BIOS (controlling the board), and Rapidus Configuration Menu (the UI with the settings). I also adapted the OS.

Ah!

Well in that case it's time to contact sellers informing them of an indisputable compatibility issue, preferably sooner rather than later. No good blaming the other party if you're not 100% certain the device you contributed to isn't the device at fault.

Edited by Mazzspeed

1 minute ago, _The Doctor__ said:

so you aren't some unbiased software guy who hasn't much to do with the rapidus at all.

All the things I mentioned above is software, I am a software guy. As for "unbiased", I will ask question which I alrady asked: how can I express interest in solving the issue OP was describing to avoid getting accused by you of "bias"? Is there an issue finally or not? Because if there is none, then there is indeed nothing to solve. And if there is any, then there is something to fix. So, again, how do I ask OP for more information (and what information, it was already said countless of times) to not trigger next 2 pages of this interesting discussion?

2 minutes ago, drac030 said:

All the things I mentioned above is software, I am a software guy. As for "unbiased", I will ask question which I alrady asked: how can I express interest in solving the issue OP was describing to avoid getting accused by you of "bias"? Is there an issue finally or not? Because if there is none, then there is indeed nothing to solve. And if there is any, then there is something to fix. So, again, how do I ask OP for more information (and what information, it was already said countless of times) to not trigger next 2 pages of this interesting discussion?

Like a Dog chasing it's own tail! Round and round we go. ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

I never claimed you were the one making the statements.

Well, you wrote this in reply to my post:

1 hour ago, Mazzspeed said:

Expecting people to send you their own gear that could get damaged in transit is totally unacceptable and unrealistic.

If that was meant to be a general remark directed either at noone in particular or some other persons, I will be extremely grateful, Mr Mazzspeed, if in the future you do such remarks in replies to posts of the respecitve persons, and if at noone in particular, particularly somewhere else. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

nforming them of an indisputable compatibility issu

The issue is disputable as long as it is not explained.

Yes the issue is rapidus doesn't play well with others. It doesn't belong in the playground. It's proud parents keep telling us that their child is perfect. We aren't going to be inviting rapidus to any birthday parties in the near future, that is for certain.

I think the conversation is between you and @Dmitry at this point, I'd guess if you @tag him or PM him you can give him the same run around in circles crap there too.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, drac030 said:

Well, you wrote this in reply to my post:

Have you ever heard of context? When I don't specifically mention a name, the word 'you' can be related to people as a whole and not specifically yourself.

2 minutes ago, drac030 said:

The issue is disputable as long as it is not explained.

Which, it appears, the developers of Rapidus are not interested in doing. They'd rather blame the other party while a known very well documented and videoed issue exists. This is similar to sticking one's head in the sand, better hope the tide doesn't come in...

2 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I think the conversation is between you and @Dmitry at this point, I'd guess if you @tag him or PM him you can give him the same run around in circles crap there too.

Thank you very much for this suggestion, certainly everyone who has something substantial to say on the topic is welcome here.

11 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

Have you ever heard of context? When I don't specifically mention a name, the word 'you' can be related to people as a whole and not specifically yourself.

Thus I asked you that if you have general remarks on SOMEONE'S ELSE behaviour, I would be extremely grateful, if you do not put these remakrs in replies to my posts, where "you" can be very easily understood in its first meaning.

English is not my first language, by the way. Not even second.

11 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

Which, it appears, the developers of Rapidus are not interested in doing.

As far as I know there is only one developer. And I know nothing about his intentions/interests. This interests me. Do I have to ask you to give me licence to discuss things I want and interest me? Or maybe it is a reason to refrain oneself from discussing things just because these things possibly do not interest someone else? What an interesting approach, I would say. But for now I can see two people who are apparently not interested in what I want here, but nevertheless they are filling second page of this topic with posts. I wonder what is the aim, because it cannot be discouraging me from the initial premise? ;)

10 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

t's an observation of repeated behavior, not an insult. 

I asked this question the second time, just in case the other interlocutor missed the first one. He does not seem to be able to answer, though ;) It is early oin the morning or dark night, that must be the cause, I believe.

Edited by drac030

Sure thing,

substantially, rapidus doesn't get along with u1m

substantially, rapidus doesn't get along with other devices that can invoke their own resets.

substantially, all of the other devices that are not rapidus work and play together without any issues.

substantially, rapidus has a hard time getting along with any of the other devices, sometimes not limited to the base machine that is hosting it.

it all seems pretty substantial to me.

rapidus needs more work either in the hardware, firmware, possibly both... with perhaps some guideline and pictures in the installation documents what all the signals on a scope should be if it's that picky and fussy. Maybe some helpful fixes or touch ups to alleviate known issues... you know share the information for all to see instead of all these circular quibbles, and silence from the other creator.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

rapidus needs more work either in the hardware, firmware, possibly both...

What do you want to work on if you do not know if there is possibly something to fix and what is it? And if there is, how do you want to find it? By divine illumination? By suppressing any information exchange on this topic? By magic? So I have to dance on a meadow in the midnight and under full moon, then the illumination will flow down and I magically see that my Atari also has the reset issue I could not see by all these years? :D

you know there is something to fix because multiple people have told you so.

you have been told where to look.

you can illuminate things with your partner help, hooking up a u1m and rapidus together in another machine and looking at how they don't get along.

you can talk with everyone having issues, and in fact a few of us have approached you to do just that.

the magic was public posts, I have read what others have said also... might be in a few more threads too.

it looks like we all need to dance in a meadow by the pale moonlight since no detail appears good enough for the devil.

We get it... your Atari is blessed... perhaps your firmware and is tuned up perfectly to run on your machine and a handful of others. Maybe it's the hardware that's perfect for a handful of Atari's... it doesn't matter. You have more than enough information to go on as does your partner on this project. It would appear your two man group has everything needed to check it all out as well... or can get what's needed to do so. Best of luck.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, drac030 said:

What do you want to work on if you do not know if there is possibly something to fix and what is it? And if there is, how do you want to find it? By divine illumination? By suppressing any information exchange on this topic? By magic? So I have to dance on a meadow in the midnight and under full moon, then the illumination will flow down and I magically see that my Atari also has the reset issue I could not see by all these years? :D

Good point. A problem does exist, you don't know whether the device you helped develop is at fault, it certainly looks like it is...But your point was you don't know.

Best you know, with certainty. Otherwise put a warning in the instructions and on the packaging that the device you assisted in developing does not play well with others. Furthermore, warn resellers advising them to place a warning on their websites.

Based on the evidence I've seen, no one was dancing in a meadow under the moonlight in order to highlight the obvious issue.

Edited by Mazzspeed

22 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

you know there is something to fix because multiple people have told you so.

No, Sir. This is not called "I know". This is called "I heard". Many people are probably able to tell you that the Earth is flat, is that the cause for you to accept that it is?

you have been told where to look.

No. I was only told, if I understood correctly, to do random chip swapping between a working and non-working machine. Despite that I do not have any of the latter kind, I already said what I think about this respectable method.

And if I overlooked something else (sc. "where to look"), then I would be grateful if you remind me.

you can talk with everyone having issues

Thank you for the permission.

and in fact a few of us have approached you to do just that.

There is some misunderstanding here: OP sufficiently documented what happens on his machine, I need no further people coming and telling me that this happens. The thing I cannot seem to be able to make anyone understand is that apparently nobody knows why the OP's machine misbehaves. The "few of you" stop here being like "Rapidus is to blame, case closed". Well, maybe, but again, if this is the cause, why it does not happen on my machine (and several others, by the way, even with U1MB installed - those are all XEs, though). So, again ;) if adding the board to one computer causes the issue as in OPs, adding to another does not, the factor (or a factor) must be the machine itself. That is one hypothesis not to be discarded before verification.

perhaps your firmware and is tuned up perfectly to run on your machine and a handful of others. Maybe it's the hardware that's perfect for a handful of Atari's... it doesn't matter.

And here I disagree - it does (matter). This is exactly the thing that interests me. No matter how do you call it, whether the machines which work are blessed, perfect, tuned, enchanted, or if the machines which do not work are called broken, possessed, whatever, it is wording only, not substance. We are not living in a world of magic, there are material causes to find out. And the machine in question is just a simple computer build in late 70s, so nothing really complicated for today's standards. Relax.

You have more than enough information to go

The descision if and when I have enough information (or "more than enough") I will take the liberty to reserve for myself, if you permit.

Edited by drac030
typos

19 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

Otherwise put a warning in the instructions

You are once again mistaking me for someone else.

By the way, here is my "blessed" Atari, running all these hours, happily playing *.AY tunes, in turbo mode of course, because this needs Z80 emulation ;) Sorry for the crap picture quality.

mao.thumb.png.4a43075d1fac62560db13dc2c0008fa7.png

Edited by drac030

50 minutes ago, drac030 said:

You are once again mistaking me for someone else.

By the way, here is my "blessed" Atari, running all these hours, happily playing *.AY tunes, in turbo mode of course, because this needs Z80 emulation ;) Sorry for the crap picture quality.

mao.thumb.png.4a43075d1fac62560db13dc2c0008fa7.png

Does it have an U1MB?

You wrote code for this device, fairly important code. That makes you a part of the development team for this device.

Edited by Mazzspeed

16 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

Does it have an U1MB?

Unfortunately, it does not. I do not have one. But anyway @tf_hh said (if I recall well) that his machine was misbehaving even when he disconnected the U1MB. On the other hand I know that there are machines with U1MB+Rapidus which do not misbehave. Thus my hypothesis - apparently revolutionary enough to cause so much public offence as to generate two-odd pages of post overnight ;) - that perhaps it is the particular machine itself which is a factor here.

20 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

You wrote code for this device, fairly important code. That makes you a part of the development team for this device.

I wrote it 4 years ago. I am maintaining it to this day solely for my own satisfaction (mainly adding new features). But this does not mean that I am the board's designer, that I am involved in any way in selling the boards, that I am maintaining the seller's (or sellers') websites, or that I am maintaining any documentation here.

5 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

We make device, we refuse to support device blaming everything surrounding the device instead of the device itself

Once again, you are mistaking me for someone else :D I did not make the device, but I am supporting it (as I wrote in the post above yours, it is amazing to watch your respectable ability to deny statements which are obviously true ;)), and I am not "blaming" anything, I am making hypotheses based on simple logic. If someone is resistant to logic, what can I do ;)

Thank you anyway for the entertaining discussion.

Edited by drac030

52 minutes ago, drac030 said:

Once again, you are mistaking me for someone else :D I did not make the device, but I am supporting it (as I wrote in the post above yours, it is amazing to watch your respectable ability to deny statements which are obviously true ;)), and I am not "blaming" anything, I am making hypotheses based on simple logic. If someone is resistant to logic, what can I do ;)

Thank you anyway for the entertaining discussion.

You contributed to the device, that makes you a part of the development team whether that was your intention or not. But I get it, your code is perfect, it must be everything around Rapidus even though it's at the center of it all.

Funny, when people discuss obvious problems with another BIOS coder in this community, he goes out of his way to rectify the issue - He even offers to support upcoming developments provided he can squeeze it in the available capacity of the device. But in the case of Rapidus everything else is at fault.

Edited by Mazzspeed
  • Like 1