IGNORED

What is "THE" reason to have a Jaguar CD?

sdamike

1 hour ago, sirlynxalot said:

That looks awesome, thanks for taking the picture.  I didn't think about it before, but I guess because the Jag CD's cart slot is set further back than where the cartridge connection is on the underside, each time you layer a jag cd, the next jag cd is going to be an inch or two backwards. In other words, if you kept going, the tower would become unbalanced and probably tip back on itself after 4+ jag cds were stacked.

Leaning Tower of Jaguar.  Also, does this make Towers II any easier?

• Haha 3

On 12/2/2020 at 2:25 AM, joeatari1 said:

Well, here you go, 128 bits of jungle cat!

20201201_211420.thumb.jpg.6cd4364096e1ed96324b6574d95cee4c.jpg

They fit without any problem.  Sorry, I don't have a Sonic and Knuckles cart or I would show my tower of power for comparison.

The more I look at this, the more it looks like a double decker toilet!

Uhhh ... Double-Speed CD-ROM ...

• Like 1

IMHO Reasons:

BattleMorph: One of the best games on the system, IMHO. Much better than CyberMorph as it improved on it in every way, awesome soundtrack. This should've been the pack-in over BL. If there was only one reason to get a JCD, this would be it for me.

IS2: Hard to find, but also a great sequel that improved everything about the original and built on the foundation. I guess if you don't like IS then it wouldn't sway you, but it's the better game.

World Tour Racing: As already said, think Checkered Flag with better controls, good music, lots of tracks to race.

BrainDead 13: I might be alone on this, but I thought this was the best of the FMV game on the JagCD, I love the death sequences and it controls far better than DL or Space Ace (I could never make it far on SA, but I beat BD13 a few times)

Vid Grid: Fun puzzle game, but if you don't care for the songs they picked I can see why it's not everyone's cup 'o tea

Soul Star: I like this one. It fulfills the Starfox itch but is different enough.

Also, I think the only games with the "Comedy Mode" cheat are on CD

I like Primal Rage, but those loading times...bleh. Also, Baldies is all right, but something like Dune 2 or Warcraft would've been better

I'd say Robinson's Requiem, but my JCD hasn't been working consistently enough for me to really play this one.

It's also been a place to explore some of the prototype/unfinished games out there, although that's become a moot point with the Jaguar GD. I'm guessing that hasn't had CD support added to it yet though.

Reasons not to care:

Highlander: I managed to figure this out, but the only way I found it fun was through cheat codes. That last sequence of getting unavoidably sniped as you run down a loooong hallway was horrible game design. I'd only care about the sequels if they addressed the many flaws of this one.

Hover Strike: Pretty graphic effects on the lighting and some animated textures, but not particularly compelling gameplay.

Myst/Dragon's Lair/Space Ace: Didn't care of them. Would've preferred the Return To Zork port that was never finished/release