IGNORED

24 Nov 2020 - Title Screen Help Request

Lewis2907

It's been a while since I have made anything, but I could never figure out how to use the title screen to make high res screens with text. I saw a manual here and there and it's quite confusing to me. Does anyone have a video like YouTube (or something similar) on where to click to make the screen then compile it all into a game or some easier manuals and examples to work with at the beginner level. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. After I get better at this I plan to move on music as that can be a challenge to for background music while playing or at the title screen or game over screen. 

Edited by Lewis2907

The Titlescreen Kernel is inevitably complex since it involves converting images to data that the atari can work with, and stitching together a number of assembly display kernels. Once you get used to the process though, it's not too difficult. Since it's designed to be modular, you can start small by e.g. displaying a single image, and adding onto the title screen from there.

I don't know of any video tutorials, but I and others can help walk you through the process here. Step one would be creating one of the images you want to use on your titlescreen. This should be a single color e.g. black on a white background.

17 minutes ago, Karl G said:

The Titlescreen Kernel is inevitably complex since it involves converting images to data that the atari can work with, and stitching together a number of assembly display kernels. Once you get used to the process though, it's not too difficult. Since it's designed to be modular, you can start small by e.g. displaying a single image, and adding onto the title screen from there.

I don't know of any video tutorials, but I and others can help walk you through the process here. Step one would be creating one of the images you want to use on your titlescreen. This should be a single color e.g. black on a white background.

Karl G,

Thanks. That what I figured. I do okay with programming on a beginner level, but the really nice title screens are tuff. I will probably play with it some and maybe build a PowerPoint like info for work when I pass on information with arrows and where to click and what it does if I can get a simple one going. I'm sure I'm not the only only struggling with the title screens. Thanks again for confirming what I thought about the difficulty.

15 minutes ago, Lewis2907 said:

Karl G,

Thanks. That what I figured. I do okay with programming on a beginner level, but the really nice title screens are tuff. I will probably play with it some and maybe build a PowerPoint like info for work when I pass on information with arrows and where to click and what it does if I can get a simple one going. I'm sure I'm not the only only struggling with the title screens. Thanks again for confirming what I thought about the difficulty.

That would probably be a good service for a number of people to complement the included manual. Some people learn a lot better from visual media like this. Feel free to ask questions here if you have trouble getting anything to work.