IGNORED

How many setup and operating TI systems do you have running in your home?

Omega-TI

System(s) Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. The number of TI-99/4A Systems is...

• NONE (Why did I click on this poll?)
    • EMULATION ONLY (Wannabe)
    • ONE TI SYSTEM (A true user)
    • TWO TI SYSTEMS (A Dedicated Fan)
    • THREE TI SYSTEMS (A cut above most)
    • FOUR TI SYSTEMS (A seriously obsessed hobbyist)
    • FIVE OR MORE SYSTEMS (In need of help)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just the one.  Another's in storage.  Just don't need two at once, pretty much ever. 

Especially given JS99er, Classic99 and MAME are almost always better development systems than a real iron TI-99/4A. 

Only excuses for running two simultaneously, that I run into, are novelty purposes.

Like my current plan to get two TI-99s (with two speech synthesizers) singing Simon & Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair/Canticle in two part harmony (has science gone too far???)

• Like 3

I would be curious to see how many users with at least 1 fully set up TI system also have other vintage systems fully set up as well (NOT sitting on a shelf or in storage but actively being used).

Personally, I have a Coleco Adam system which is in very active use  and it has been heavily competing for my limited free time lately with the TI system, at least until my next TI project ?

I'm sure I'm not the only one by far with active interests in multiple vintage system...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I have two-and-a-half systems.

The only one I use with any regularity is "Tortise," a console with F18a, NanoPEB-SIO, USB radio-keyboard, and a rechargeable battery power supply.

"Snail" is totally stock console as a reference system.  It has PE Box with TI-FDC, HFDC, 5.25-inch floppy, 3.5-inch floppy, SIO, 32K RAM.

"Slug" is the unfortunate victim of my attempt to add a RAM expansion 30 years ago.  I'm hoping to revive it for some experiments.

K-R.

• Like 2

I got into the ti scene abruptly in the 1992 to 95 years. Have some stuff left from selling at the faires and quit as abruptly due to family reasons. Have about 7 Peb's, in various states of disrepair, 7 or 8 complete TI'S, same as above. And a bunch of cards and carts and motherboards. 3 Geneves and others. So yes I have 5 or more systems. Lol.

I have one fully armed and operational at present, with black and metal console and loaded p-box(32K, RS-232, floppy controller, TIPI).

And a beige console ready and waiting in reserve with a second p-box(32K, RS-232, floppy controller, Horizon).

(I actually intend to put an F18A in the beige unit once they are available. )

• Like 1