IGNORED

FinalGROM SD -> TI DSK Transfer?

Origanix

I'm new to the forum and I've recently dug out my old TI setup and just purchased a FinalGrom99. Unfortunately, although I have found most of my old cartridges and I have my PEB with 32K, RS232, and (original) DSK controller with dual 3.5" drives up and running, my old floppies seem to be missing - possibly repurposed for the PC back in the day.

Is there a way to transfer files from the FinalGROM SD to the TI DSK? Either by file or disk image? It seems an obvious thing to do considering the space available on the SD, but after searching the web I haven't been able to find any software able to do it. 

Steve

I'm new to the forum and I've recently dug out my old TI setup and just purchased a FinalGrom99. Unfortunately, although I have found most of my old cartridges and I have my PEB with 32K, RS232, and (original) DSK controller with dual 3.5" drives up and running, my old floppies seem to be missing - possibly repurposed for the PC back in the day. Is there a way to transfer files from the FinalGROM SD to the TI DSK? Either by file or disk image? It seems an obvious thing to do considering the space available on the SD, but after searching the web I haven't been able to find any software able to do it. 

Steve

No carts run from a different memory spaces so they can't be easily converted to run from ram. It's been done but it's difficult and requires technical skills. This was what we all wanted before gram devices were available. And a few grom carts were successfully moved to disk and load into 32k..  

Most people these days want the disk games on the cartridge for speed and easy load. Not the other way around. And with FinalGrom99 you don't have to swap carts anymore..

Anyway a lot of the programs are available on disk already. Do you have a particular one in mind? There's a ton on http://ftp.whtech.com and the ti gameshelf http://tigameshelf.net

Greg

Also if you need a a way to move disk images to real disks I suggest HDXS which is described in the pinned FAQ post in this forum

Thank you for your reply.

What I would really like is to do is the following:

1 - Generate a 180K TI DS-SD disk image in a file, say EA-Disk.img

2 - Copy the file to the SD card in my PC

3 - Put the SD card into the FinalGROM99 and load it into the TI console

4 - Write the image onto the 3.5" floppy in the TI PEB

This way I can replace all my distribution disks that are now gone and use all the programs that rely on having the disk available. Unfortunately all my work disks are probably toast and I'll need to regenerate any programs I wrote from the listings.

As you suggest I guess I could do this with the HDXS but I thought that FG99 should be capable of doing it. The MiniMem cartridge has a small storage DSR built-in so it must be possible to do something similar with the FG99.

Steve