IGNORED

Chemical Bank Pronto Cart dumps

ianoid

Trying to dump these two Pronto carts.

I may be dumping these wrong using the AtariMax kit. I can't get either art to produce a dump that works in Altierra 64. I tried two 8K dumps and then one 16K dump.  I am dumping them with the Caution label side facing the same direction as the AtariMax label.

Any ideas looking at the data? Is the program looking for a serial interface 850?

A8 pronto chemical.JPG

I'll test them on real hardware when I get a chance (an 800xl).

Chemical Bank Pronto Project cart 2.bin Chemical Bank Pronto Project cart 1.bin Chemical Bank Pronto Project cart 2 16k.bin

Edited by ianoid
  • Like 1

There is only 2K of data in the dump. The 16K dump is empty in the lower half since this cart doesn't respond to the right slot window, and the 8K in the left slot region is identical across all of the dumps. Within the 8K $A000-BFFF region, $A000-AFFF is a mirror of $B000-BFFF, so toss another 4K. In what's left, the lower 2K is empty and machine code starts abruptly at $B800, which implies that one of the ROMs isn't responding.

The part that is there does include the cartridge header. It requests a cart boot but no disk boot, and the run vector sends $FF out the SIO bus before jumping to a portion in $B000-B7FF that we don't have. Judging by the use of PACTL in the code that is there, it's pretty likely this was intended to be used with some custom SIO hardware.

• Like 3

Here are the ROMs dumped separately. Both copies of the cart were identical. The carts booted the same on real hardware as on emulation. Clearly expecting some actual hardware like an 850 to continue. 

I haven't messed with these, and if someone wants to create a bootable image, it would be neat.

Chemical Bank Pronto Hi.bin Chemical Bank Pronto LO.bin

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sup8pdct said:

Dont think it will work. One rom is blank (lo). Several references are made in to the blank area.

Yeah, the "LO" EPROMs were blank on both carts, which is really strange. And those particular EPROMs have "Rev A" stickers on them.  I peeled back one of those stickers to verify they are 9716 parts (equivalent to 2716).  I read all the chips on two entirely different programmers as well, just to be sure.  Results were the same with both.

..Al

• 1 month later...

online banking hook up and 850/modem or 1030 and a phone line after that try a disk drive with the whole thing as well, powering everything off first to get clean polling. Wonders if there is a disk that goes with it.

Edited by _The Doctor__