IGNORED

What happened to this Snoopy Label?

recorderdude

Got a lot in recently that very luckily contained a snoopy vs the red baron, which ive wanted to own for awhile. However, when i got it, half of the label and the endlabel were bizzarely darkened - although the label itself is fairly smooth and it boots perfectly. Has anyone come across an atari cart like this before and any chance it can be cleaned/restored without damaging the label? It almost looks like fire or water damage to me but its still smooth and solidly on the cartridge. I will not that it looks a LOT darker irl than on camera.

20201127_152515.jpg

20201127_152412.jpg

• Sad 1

I don't know what happened to that poor label but it's a shame that it happened to an Atari Corp version of the cart. 

I am curious if your cart has a locking dust cover on it or if it is non locking dust cover or no dust cover at all. 

I just bought a 1986 Atari Corp version to complete my CIB with the correct version. I was expecting a non-locking cover or no cover version but it was a locking version. 

4 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

I just bought a 1986 Atari Corp version to complete my CIB with the correct version. I was expecting a non-locking cover or no cover version but it was a locking version. 

I have an Atari Corp. CIB too. Here's my cart.

Snoopy Atari Corp.jpg

Looks like water damage, which doesn't always destroy the consistency of a labels feel, but definitely will discolored it. Had the original label been darker, I would have said Sun damage, as it often bleaches the colors.

I hope it works, I'd like one, but not come across one yet.

1 hour ago, groundtrooper said:

But that is not an Atari Shell. Yours has finger grips. 

You're right. This is a clone cartridge modified by a producer in the early 80s. Known by Brazilians as Digivision and for its somewhat distinctive label involving spaceships. Unfortunately when I purchased this cartridge recently, its original space label no longer existed. I opted for an original atari relabel.
Below you can see the original Digivision label and the replaced atari logo.

20201129_011722.jpg

índice.jpeg

Edited by alfredtdk