IGNORED

Unknown Video Mod Board -- "S-Video 2.1"

Larry

I ran across a package that has a small board labeled "S-Video 2.1"  It is about 1-1/2" X 2" and is filled with lots of resistors and caps.  There are install docs, but I don't remember this video upgrade.  The docs don't mention an author.  I could not find anything here at AA searching "video 2.1"

Does anyone remember anything about this little video mod?  KJMann?  An early video project from Bryan?  Maybe it was a noard that had the Super Video 2.1 on it for easier installation?

Incidently, does Bryan ever come around here anymore?  Haven't seen anything from him in a long time. 

Yes, that's the one, although mine doesn't have the connectors installed.  I also have a bare pcb of this same thing.  Do you know who did this?  As I said, I have install docs, but no name mentioned.

Why I'm interested...

I have a 130XE (my very first one -- circa 1984) that has a Peterson 320K upgrade with the 256K X 1 memory chips, but the LS74158 that it uses is piggybacked on the 4050 that the UAV uses.  I put the XE Super Video in this XE, and I've never been happy with the display results.  So this little board might be useful for fixing the video.  -Or- I might be ahead of the game to just rip out the memory upgrade.

Thanks!  I'll search with some other video terms and see if I can find a thread about it.  Any suggestions for search terms?  I also see that the pcb has a 4050  on it, so this little board evidently replaces the whole computer video circuit (after GTIA). 

On 11/28/2020 at 9:22 AM, Larry said:

Yes, that's the one, although mine doesn't have the connectors installed.  I also have a bare pcb of this same thing.  Do you know who did this?  As I said, I have install docs, but no name mentioned.

Why I'm interested...

I have a 130XE (my very first one -- circa 1984) that has a Peterson 320K upgrade with the 256K X 1 memory chips, but the LS74158 that it uses is piggybacked on the 4050 that the UAV uses.  I put the XE Super Video in this XE, and I've never been happy with the display results.  So this little board might be useful for fixing the video.  -Or- I might be ahead of the game to just rip out the memory upgrade.

A word of advice if adding connectors:  Those look like vertical connectors that were bent over.  Would be better to buy 90-degree connectors, because they have the proper length after the bend.

• Thanks 1