IGNORED

Bounty Bob Strikes Back problem

xxl

On 12/7/2020 at 5:02 AM, Wilheim said:

Thank you for your contribution! Fortunately, I was able to activate the 61.800 cheat code in the last version I published. Hence, I would like to know what’s the problem @FULS has.

Wilheim,

Your file is great. Thank you for doing this.

I think the problem I was having with the 61800 cheat code was as soon as the file finished loading, I pressed System Reset.

Then I entered the cheat. I can't get the cheat to work if I do this.

If I enter the cheat code first without pressing Reset it works fine and the cheat still works after pressing Reset.

I think your file is great as is.

Thanks,

Doug

On 11/28/2020 at 2:48 PM, xxl said:

So the addresses at the end of the page do not work just because you have not tested games and programs honestly, such as SynFile +. it had to be said immediately.

Ding, ding, ding! We've got a winner, here!

You are 100% correct. As expected, some things may not work, but what is most important is knowing UPFRONT about the actual limitations or their potential impact / implications. We already know that perfection is hard to achieve.

Oddly enough, my cart version of Bounty Bob will NOT WORK on Incognito either (Hosted on Ultimate-SD Cart), in ANY joystick direction (Port 1) except fire-button (it jumps). Have not tested on my 800 XL / U1MBs.

On 11/28/2020 at 5:43 PM, xxl said:

Does Bounty Bob Strikes Back work on Atari with U1MB?

---

you can move the hero with the joystick?

Here is a U1MB patched version, joystick works. If present you have to disable Stereo Pokey, else sound is broken.

Bounty Bob Strikes Back! U1MB patched.xex

Edited by DonQuichote
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DonQuichote said:

Here is a U1MB patched version, joystick works. If present you have to disable Stereo Pokey, else sound is broken.

Bounty Bob Strikes Back! U1MB patched.xex 40.33 kB · 8 downloads

Yea, I thank that's the Homesoft version in post #3, posted by Mclaneinc

Edited by FULS

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2020 at 1:42 PM, Mclaneinc said:

Don't want to derail thread, I'm feeling pretty good, at worse a bit of a cold and mild sore throat...My wife is worse but no breathing issues, just loss of appetite and sore joints..

I'm on the case looking after her...No idea where it came from...

Great to see BB being made perfect for the U1mb...

If it's any consolation, we have a fellow here in town that wore double surgical barrier masks and gloves at all times, kept as far away from everyone and everything as possible, hand sanitizer up the wazzoo, wore glasses with the safety side shields,  You get the picture... if there a was a guideline this fellow did it and double did it. Yep he tested positive.

So cheer up as you'll more than likely be over this crap soon and can get about life in short order.

:)

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I couldn't keep all the different versions and files straight as I tried following this thread, so what is the best version? what is the best fixed version?

My last fixed version is in post #34. Please let me know if you find any bugs left.

Anyway, I'm attaching now to this post that version again.

Cheers!

Bounty Bob Strikes Back! - FIXED v5.xex

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/22/2021 at 10:14 PM, Wilheim said:

Please try this version. Not sure if it will work. I don't know much often the Incognito board.

Bounty Bob Strikes Back! - FIXED v6.xex 40.09 kB · 19 downloads

I couldn't get any version of BB that I had to work with SIDE3/U1MB. (They came from a famous collection of "all" games).

Tried this version and works 100% so far.... thanks for rescuing one of the best and one of my most favorite games ever !!!!!!

• Like 2

Bounty Bob has always been a bit of a problem, I seem to remember some versions had to on a machine with exactly 64K to work, but I'm glad that people tinkered with it to get it to work on things like the U1MB, would have been a shame to have such a great game non-working for some (me included). Well done, the tinkerers..

And yes, good to see there's so many versions, so everyone can enjoy it..

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone :)
I use the version: Bounty Bob Strikes Back! - FIXED v6.xex

It works great :) Thank you very much.
I would love to use it in Cartridge XEGS.
The XEGS Cartridge on the real Atari 800 XE and Atari 130 XE starts the game without any problems and everything works.
I tested all the versions (FIXED v3-v6) but unfortunately the game crashes when entering a name in the score table.

Could anyone please fix this ??

Thank you.

See picture :

1226280876_BountyBobcrash.thumb.jpg.f3ddea8c82f6bffb4075783e0d387372.jpg

Edited by bobob

Hi,
I tried all the versions of Bounty Bob that I found on the internet on Cartridge (XEGS cartridge see previous photo.).

And unfortunately none of them worked. Only the versions from this discussion can be run and played.

But they have the mistake that the game crashes when entering a name in the score table.
Would anyone be able to solve this?
Thank you very much

1 hour ago, bobob said:

Hi,
I tried all the versions of Bounty Bob that I found on the internet on Cartridge (XEGS cartridge see previous photo.).

And unfortunately none of them worked. Only the versions from this discussion can be run and played.

But they have the mistake that the game crashes when entering a name in the score table.
Would anyone be able to solve this?
Thank you very much

Don't get a high score?  The secret is to play poorly. ;)

It's amazing how difficult it is to properly emulate this cartridge.  Big Five really pushed the limits of the technology it would seem.

• Like 2