IGNORED

CATASTROPHE CROW! Real N64 Game Prototype or the modern POLYBIUS?

seastalker

This is an interesting story. Many say it is real and many say it is fake. I haven't read into it beyond such comments so have only what's presented thus far. If fake, it is a REALLY well done hoax and fun legend like a modern take on Polybius so I will share it all the same. The footage looks like someone made a rom hack of Mario 64, but whatever software was used to create would be fun to 'play' in an emulator or on an everdrive.  I haven't seen that any 'rom' has been dumped that would allow any available videos existence from multiple uploaders (as addressed in the link). I would not be surprised if this inspires a trippy ACTUAL game of this that might be on par with Earthbound. 

Just like Polybius, this story gets dark.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 2:41 AM, racerx said:

Definitely looks like a ROM hack.

It is. 

https://www.kotaku.com/the-story-of-crow-64-a-game-that-did-not-exist-1845386675/amp

While the tale of Catastrophe Crow certainly evokes previous video game-based creepypasta, it stands on its own thanks to Butcher’s portrayal of the game’s fictional history.

The story is interesting. In many ways, if enough people talk about something, it gives it life in some form. Maybe someone will make an arcade cabinet based on it like Polybius.

Also, @CatastropheCrow64, do you like the story/game so much that you chose the name as your atariage handle and premiere forum post here?  If so, that makes the story even more interesting. :)  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/28/2020 at 1:27 PM, seastalker said:

This is an interesting story. Many say it is real and many say it is fake. I haven't read into it beyond such comments so have only what's presented thus far. If fake, it is a REALLY well done hoax and fun legend like a modern take on Polybius so I will share it all the same. The footage looks like someone made a rom hack of Mario 64, but whatever software was used to create would be fun to 'play' in an emulator or on an everdrive.  I haven't seen that any 'rom' has been dumped that would allow any available videos existence from multiple uploaders (as addressed in the link). I would not be surprised if this inspires a trippy ACTUAL game of this that might be on par with Earthbound. 

Just like Polybius, this story gets dark.

This game is real, as it's source code was posted on twitter, but the events surrounding it, plus it being a "Nintendo game" is false. This game is ment to be an ARG for people to solve. Either way, it still is very cool!