IGNORED

printing using a NanoPEB via VT100

hloberg

A quick post here.

I'm going to write more on the CFHDX on my blog soon but I just discovered something cool messing with it. A little back ground, the CFHDX uses software to transfer files between the PC and the TI99 via a cross-over cable. This process works fine but can't print. that requires a DSR with the CFHDX the NanoPEB does not have. But I found a work around and it doesn't use the HDX at all.

What it requires is just a VT100 terminal emulator on the PC. You simple set the VT100 to 300,7,odd,none (default for the TI99 RS232) then start the VT100 on the PC and print anything on the TI99 to the RS232. The output is sent to the VT100 screen in all it's 300 baud glory. Use your VT100 to print out the output and you're done.

This may be obvious to some people but I thought I would post it as I haven't seen it elsewhere and really does expand the usefulness of the NanoPEB.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

So if I read this correctly you're not using cfhdx for sending to the terminal? the print and time functions for HDX require the DSR which is not available on the nano. The DSR is only available on the modified ti rs232 card

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

yes, I don't use the cfhdx on the TI99 or the hdxserver on the PC. Just use a VT100 on the PC and change the comport settings to match a stock TI RS232.

And it took a while for me to decipher this out about no HDX DSR in the NanoPEB but I think I got it right.

that being said I don't see why a CALL LINK couldn't be created to access the TIME function for the NanoPEB, but it would take F.G.Kaal to write it. Is he on Atariage?

yes, I don't use the cfhdx on the TI99 or the hdxserver on the PC. Just use a VT100 on the PC and change the comport settings to match a stock TI RS232.
And it took a while for me to decipher this out about no HDX DSR in the NanoPEB but I think I got it right.
that being said I don't see why a CALL LINK couldn't be created to access the TIME function for the NanoPEB, but it would take F.G.Kaal to write it. Is he on Atariage?

He is..

You should change your topic to be accurate it's printing on vt100 terminal with nanopeb rs232. Nothing to do with cfhdx

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, sparkdrummer said:

Will this setup do graphics?

just text. that's all VT100 understands from the TI99. you could do blink, reverse and some other special stuff by using ESC characters though.

another use might, if you have a TEII, be able to talk between the two machines. But I don't have to a TEII to test that.