IGNORED

LTO FLASH MULTI-CART for CANADIANS

Steve Jones

8 hours ago, Zendocon said:

Fortunately some poutine restaurants opened up on our side of the Lewiston/Queenston Bridge in the past few years.  Right now I just miss smuggling Kinder Surprise Eggs and ketchup-flavored potato chips back home.

A Canadian friend of mine brought me some ketchup flavored potato chips once.  I suppose it's an acquired taste ? Then again, I really don't care for ketchup.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Potatoe

7 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

A Canadian friend of mine brought me some ketchup flavored potato chips once.  I suppose it's an acquired taste ? Then again, I really don't care for ketchup.

Depends on the brand.  Lays and President's Choice are the good ones.  Herr's and no-name brands are disgusting - might as well put actual ketchup on plain chips.

Last weekend, our local supermarkets suddenly had Limón flavored Lays chips, which I haven't seen since I was in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  I'm surprised it took so long to catch on here.

On 11/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, Steve Jones said:
Attention CANADIAN Intellivision users.

Joe Zbiciak’s awesome LTO Flash Cart will soon be available for sale again.

You can put all your Intellivision roms on the one cart and play them on your original hardware,
save wear and tear on your original cartridges.

I have been asked to handle Canadian distribution of these,
they will retail for $129.99 (US) plus postage which will be about $20
depending on the method you want me to use.

I want to see how much interest there is for these from Canadian customers.

Other people will be handling US and international distribution.

Please reply here and I will see if this is worth doing. Thanks

YES PLEASE! Save one for me! I live in Durham, but shipping it will probably be the way to go for me. Don't feel like driving with all that GTA traffic :) Add me to the list! Thank you!

Edited by Gunnder

5 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

Ok you’re on the list too.

who knew there were so many canadian intellivision fans around, I thought there were only about 8 or so haha

My dad had his from childhood, and he pulled it out one day when I was about 6. We played that thing for months, until there was a problem or something. Over the years, we bought some more games for it played it every now and then, but never really used it much Over covid, we pulled it out again, and played it just like when I was a kid. It's such an awesome console for my family, as my dad can keep up with the games since he grew up with them (he tried to play with us back in the xbox 360 days, but he figured out pretty quickly he couldn't keep up with me and my bro.) The console probably has the best 2 player games ever made, as they are specifically made with that purpose in mind, instead of the regular 4 player style of today. I think the intellivision will always hold a special place in my heart for all of these reasons.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Zendocon said:

Depends on the brand.  Lays and President's Choice are the good ones.  Herr's and no-name brands are disgusting - might as well put actual ketchup on plain chips.

Last weekend, our local supermarkets suddenly had Limón flavored Lays chips, which I haven't seen since I was in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  I'm surprised it took so long to catch on here.

Years ago we temporarily had Pringles Chili Limon chips and they were magical.  Haven't seen them since, except on trips to the Southwest. Yum.  My favorite, though, is probably Salt and Vinegar.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 12:28 PM, Gunnder said:

YES PLEASE! Save one for me! I live in Durham, but shipping it will probably be the way to go for me. Don't feel like driving with all that GTA traffic :) Add me to the list! Thank you!

i love driving into T O    reminds me of every other cray US city i have ever driven in

• Like 1

how many have you collected so far Steve? I'm Glad this is turning out well for all Canadians :)

Just a heads up, I will not be carrying this title on IntellivisionCollector.com, if you want one, please let Steve know and get one here!!.

I already have two in my collection, one that I use, and I still have a shrink wrapped sealed one from the last batch.

Sure it is, same goes about hunting for that matter.

If anything, this thread shows how many "sleepers" the Intellivision community has. It wouldn't surprise me if the upcoming batch of LTO! Flash cartridges sells out in a matter of weeks once it has been released, unless Joe maximizes sales to 20-30 cartridges per week.