IGNORED

Flagging Flamingos

FlorianD

super cool little game, especially for me living right now in miami. it's got this miami vice vibe 80's ;)

few remarks:

- i do not know how to fix it, but the "winning" strategy is just running left and right while poking each flamingo. maybe some kind of penalty for poking birds too often?

- blinks on NTSC. shorten a DL a bit maybe?

- is time on NTSC calculated right? 

11 hours ago, pirx said:

super cool little game, especially for me living right now in miami. it's got this miami vice vibe 80's ;)

few remarks:

- i do not know how to fix it, but the "winning" strategy is just running left and right while poking each flamingo. maybe some kind of penalty for poking birds too often?

- blinks on NTSC. shorten a DL a bit maybe?

- is time on NTSC calculated right? 

- this is definitely not the right strategy ?. What is you highscore?

-blinks: have to look into that.

-Time/NTSC: probably not, as I did it in PAL. To be honest, no idea how to do that.

with regards to PAL/NTSC checking: http://www.atarimania.com/faq-atari-400-800-xl-xe-how-can-software-detect-ntsc-versus-pal-secam-computer-types_79.html

As you can see NTSC has got less lines, so this might be the cause of blinking.

for the time, just count 50 or 60 frames for a second for PAL/NTSC respectively.

BTW - I am a PAL guy and I am sad now when I see my demos failing on this side of the ocean ;]

As for high score I had to stop here because my fire finger got sore :)))))

image.thumb.png.6660327595a787b2e78655c4354eeb63.png

BTW - after ~~ 10mins the "attract mode" kicks in, but it is cool, it adds an eerie feeling :]

to clarify, I am a big fan, just pointing out where it can get even better

holybeejeezus! 14 minutes!

OK, your strategy clearly works.

At a certain point the time intervals don't get shorter, and I thought that is fast enough. Obviously not fast eneough for some gamers... ?

Or the Florida Flamingos in Miami are sturdier than other Flamingos elsewhere. Maybe they take something to stay awake longer ;-)  

Let's call Miami Vice to inquire.

I wish I could do such cool music like the Miami Vice theme as title music. But my music knowledge is soooo limited, it even took me a while to copy the Brahms notes into something the ATARI could work with.

Edited by FlorianD
  • Haha 2

• 7 months later...