344000 - Str0m

96775 - Isgoed

91150 - Kal

50830 - doctorclu

35285 - doctor_shred

32445 - Rick Dangerous

19555 - Goochman

image.thumb.png.b828b91acda2c64b18cf43cb40890ba9.png

Let's wind down the year with a fun competition.  Up for grabs to the winner is... a prize! (If you need to know what it is in order to play and have fun, then you've missed the point of all of this and should go reconsider what you are doing here with ancient electronic magic devices!)

Ground rules :)

1. *** UPDATE *** Grab the v4 rom from the first post in the release thread: 

2. On the title screen, press OPTION and select Game Mode: Advanced

image.thumb.png.4e65556801d4cc42760a7b276a8ddfb4.png

3. Play until out of lives and post your scores below, as shown on the GAME OVER screen:

image.thumb.png.3ee9badd7d7b401dc89719a23f621260.png

3. Competition closes at midnight, 24th Decemeber (In **MY** timezone - GMT + 10:30) and the winner will be announced the next time I'm at the keyboard sober enough to do so after this time.

Good luck, and may the best space-ship flying, zombie slaying, bug killing gardener win!

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I want in!!  How do i get this game to my Skunkboard from a Macbook Pro running Catalina?  Is there a program that anyone knows of that might work? 

If nothing else I'll see if I can get some builds LinkoVitch patiently built for me running on my Catalina machine sometime today.

------

(55 minutes later)

Yep, got JCP running with Catalina now.  Sending instructions by PM.

• Thanks 1

Had a report of the game crashing around the 60-70k score mark. 

I've not managed to get that high myself, but I have sent the person a new test ROM which I hope will fix the problem.  I'll make it public once confirmed. 
What is causing it appears to be a rare edge-case, so in the meantime keep playing and posting!

I only noticed 1 thing I thought was weird.  If I had a wall of mushrooms on the LH side the biopede would snake down vertically which is expected.  However if I cleared the mushrooms it seemed as if the biopede would go into straight down mode in the same spot the mushrooms were previously for the rest of my game - level change or not.  This happened on 2 of my games only on the RH side.