IGNORED

Biopede - Competition!

CyranoJ

Knowing what I know now with the previous issues, I'm certainly ok with and would encourage a score reset/refresh with the new updated version but keep the end date the same since not very much time has passed. If anything, it has proven good practice up until this point to fend off that spider moving forward!

+1 here

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

Oh, I see.... it’s gonna be one of those parties! 

PREPARE THE THUMB WARMERS!!!

The real question is, are your fingers numb yet? lol 

They were when I went to bed! Plus I don’t think my heart can take the stress. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

There is a wy to farm points off the skeleton - I will fix this in a future release but not for the competition.

Take note: You're all on the honour system.

I got most my points on those wobbly wobbly things that fall from the top- 500 a piece. Sometimes if you are lucky you can hit 4 or 5 in a row. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I have a new version to fix these problems being tested now....

We've only had a few scores posted (5 people I think) - should we reset with the new version? (And extend the deadline to New Years Eve?)

Guys, your call. Post below please.

Since a few people have scores 5x mine Im all for a reset!  :D

New Years seems like a good end date.

• Haha 2

Isn’t working out how to beat the game part of the point of playing? The game we are all playing now is the same version so it’s a level playing field. 
However I’ll go with the majority. ?

Edited by Kal

9 minutes ago, Kal said:

Isn’t working out how to beat the game part of the point of playing? The game we are all playing now is the same version so it’s a level playing field. 
However I’ll go with the majority. ?

I know what you mean.   Still, impressive score!   And we've all had a hand in making this game better in the end.  ;)

8 minutes ago, Kal said:

Although I must add, it took me 40 mins to get V3 on my skunkboatd last night due to the age of my laptop. ?

Seriously?  ?  One transfer took 40 minutes?   I've got a laptop from 2002 (Mac G4 PowerBook) and even it only takes maybe 30 seconds.   How old is that laptop?  :P

15 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

Knowing what I know now with the previous issues, I'm certainly ok with and would encourage a score reset/refresh with the new updated version but keep the end date the same since not very much time has passed. If anything, it has proven good practice up until this point to fend off that spider moving forward!

9 hours ago, Goochman said:

Since a few people have scores 5x mine Im all for a reset!

3 hours ago, doctorclu said:

I would love to see what you did with the game.   RESET!

3 hours ago, Kal said:

I’ll go with the majority. ?

RESET IT IS! New ROM in the release thread. Have at it!

3 hours ago, Kal said:

Although I must add, it took me 40 mins to get V3 on my skunkboatd last night due to the age of my laptop. ?

Get a cheap $3 USB hub, it'll flash in 20 seconds.

2 hours ago, doctorclu said:

I know what you mean.   Still, impressive score!   And we've all had a hand in making this game better in the end.  ;)

Yes, and thank you all for the feedback and suggestions.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kal said:

It isn’t the lead it’s the laptop 

Is it one of those netbooks or a laptop using an Atom processor? I have one of those slowest laptops on earth but it still manages to load/flash a skunk under 4 minutes, I used it at Jagfest a few years back to load all the games. Guessing you’ve tried a different cable as well?

5 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

Is it one of those netbooks or a laptop using an Atom processor? I have one of those slowest laptops on earth but it still manages to load/flash a skunk under 4 minutes, I used it at Jagfest a few years back to load all the games. Guessing you’ve tried a different cable as well?

Well it takes a good 15 mins to turn on and decide it’s happy. I only have it for the skunk GUI 

4 hours ago, Kal said:

Well it takes a good 15 mins to turn on and decide it’s happy. I only have it for the skunk GUI 

Sounds very much like the G4 Mac Powerbook from 2003.   I turn that on, it thinks and thinks.   I  try various buttons (usually space bar) and if I hear the hard drive accessing and eventually a "pop" sound as the speaker loads as it goes to the next screen, I'm IN!   Well, after another minute or so of fully loading.

Why I am thankful to Linkovitch for updating the Skunkloader so I could run it on a regular more modern 2015 MacBook Pro.   I used the same 2003 laptop for years as "it worked".   Worth the trouble of upgrading.

2 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Sounds very much like the G4 Mac Powerbook from 2003.   I turn that on, it thinks and thinks.   I  try various buttons (usually space bar) and if I hear the hard drive accessing and eventually a "pop" sound as the speaker loads as it goes to the next screen, I'm IN!   Well, after another minute or so of fully loading.

Why I am thankful to Linkovitch for updating the Skunkloader so I could run it on a regular more modern 2015 MacBook Pro.   I used the same 2003 laptop for years as "it worked".   Worth the trouble of upgrading.

I have a MacBook ? what to do I need