IGNORED

Biopede - Competition!

CyranoJ

17 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Please post scores from the game over screen so we can see the wave reached, otherwise I cannot verify you are using the latest ROM.

I figured Id beat 17k so I didnt take the end game screen which shows the level - unfort things didnt work out as planned :( - Ill try to get a better score before New Years and grab the new end screen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tripled79 said:

Hopefully there will be more high score competitions down the road? By then if I have my Jaguar GD I'll be able to play.

Will there ever be a Jag CD release of this?

Maybe, possibly. I'm not against another competition.

No, there will never be a Jag CD release of this, or a JagCD release of any of my future releases.  We've (as in, on this forum) been over this a few times.

A major shout out and thank you to @doctorclu for helping me get my Skunkboard working again (first time in years, since i had a Windows 7 machine).  On a Macbook Pro running Catalina via Terminal of all things!  Bank One had Gauntlet II in it, Bank Two had Rebooteroids, both of which i've had on cart for a looooong time.   

Will get in on the fun ASAP! 

PXL_20201210_185431577.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Please tell me this is v4 as I can't remember if I swapped the file over at work as no sd reader at home. 94% sure I did lol

Question, whilst the music is good, after an hour less so...is it a mod? Can the Jag SD card be read when a rom has been loaded in and is running or is that not possible? I'm thinking no as it loads the rom and the jag boots it. If you could read it somehow you could let people chuck their own mod files on and skip through them with a joypad button.

Both my wrists are ruined now. Time to make a saturn to jag pad converter 

20201212_202837.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, str0m said:

Please tell me this is v4 as I can't remember if I swapped the file over at work as no sd reader at home. 94% sure I did lol

Question, whilst the music is good, after an hour less so...is it a mod? Can the Jag SD card be read when a rom has been loaded in and is running or is that not possible? I'm thinking no as it loads the rom and the jag boots it. If you could read it somehow you could let people chuck their own mod files on and skip through them with a joypad button.

Yes, that is v4.

Yes, the second thing is technically possible, but no, it won't be done:

• this can also play on a Skunkboard and will end up as part of a multi-cart down the road. That would cause insta-crash.
  • modules would need to be played from RAM after they are loaded from mSD, and RAM use is heavily managed.  What if someone slapped a 1.7mb MOD in there?
  • its a free* game what if someone put an unlicensed module on there, made a video, and then I got hastled by the author for putting it in my game?
  • Music in a game annoying you? Turn the volume down and throw your own tunez on another device in the room.

I don't need any of the above adding stress to what is meant to be a fun mini-game release.

* Freeware, NOT "Public Doman" don't use free as an excuse to be an utter c**k-womble and sell copies

• Like 2

What's the secret to the spider Clint?

In most Centipede versions I go for it for extra points, but I have just been avoiding it in Biopede. It stays really low to the screen bottom after coming on screen and winds up costing me more lives than it gives me points. I have got underneath it so many times just to have it slam down on me and kill me before any shots come out.