IGNORED

Biopede - Competition!

CyranoJ

3 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

It's on like Donkey Kong!

bpedeadv.thumb.jpg.71e744beb413c32826aeb7e5310feb4b.jpg
I set out to break wave 100, hoping to break 1 million points, sadly a butterfly (out of all things) was my downfall for the million dollar mark.

The fatigue is real but I have mastered that spider!

Holy crap ?

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 6:06 PM, CyranoJ said:

• its a free* game what if someone put an unlicensed module on there, made a video, and then I got hastled by the author for putting it in my game?

Wow, and people WOULD and have made a big deal about the mods used.  Good point.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:20 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

What's the secret to the spider Clint?

In most Centipede versions I go for it for extra points, but I have just been avoiding it in Biopede. It stays really low to the screen bottom after coming on screen and winds up costing me more lives than it gives me points. I have got underneath it so many times just to have it slam down on me and kill me before any shots come out. 

Over not under, it’s tricky and you have to be fast but you can blow right past the spider if you shoot to the top and then hard left fast. Gives you some breathing room/time if you don’t die from accidentally hitting it but it’s probably what killed me in the later levels running into the deadly butterfly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rick Dangerous said:

This game is awesome. I hope it gets a full Rebooteroids style release someday with a 2 Player option and maybe a few other additions or modes.  Truly great work and fitting Jaguar tribute to Centipede--one of the best and my all time favorite Atari arcade game. 

Thanks Rick!

It will end up on a compilation cart at some point - I don't feel its strong enough to warrant a stand-alone release.  Maybe 10 years ago, but not now :)

• Like 1

Already got this prize in the mailbox today.

I'm stoked to have this, very very nice.

I've made a pic of the whole package which is pretty awesome, maybe it might persuade others to participate in highscore contests like this.

A BIG thanks to CyranoJ, neo_rg and the Reboot crew:)

P1010224.thumb.JPG.b67bff080120253bcb64a389c490b716.JPG

Edited by Isgoed
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1