Jump to content
CyranoJ

Biopede - Competition!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Goochman said:

v4 - I just couldn't get in a grove tonight :(

 

You will.  Plenty of time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please post scores from the game over screen so we can see the wave reached, otherwise I cannot verify you are using the latest ROM.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Please post scores from the game over screen so we can see the wave reached, otherwise I cannot verify you are using the latest ROM.

I figured Id beat 17k so I didnt take the end game screen which shows the level - unfort things didnt work out as planned :( - Ill try to get a better score before New Years and grab the new end screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully there will be more high score competitions down the road? By then if I have my Jaguar GD I'll be able to play.

Will there ever be a Jag CD release of this?

Edited by tripled79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tripled79 said:

Hopefully there will be more high score competitions down the road? By then if I have my Jaguar GD I'll be able to play.

Will there ever be a Jag CD release of this?

Maybe, possibly. I'm not against another competition.

 

No, there will never be a Jag CD release of this, or a JagCD release of any of my future releases.  We've (as in, on this forum) been over this a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much of an improvement - I have the feeling CyranoJ is watching me through the spider as he pretty much makes a beeline to my guy!

 

IMG_8974.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A major shout out and thank you to @doctorclu for helping me get my Skunkboard working again (first time in years, since i had a Windows 7 machine).  On a Macbook Pro running Catalina via Terminal of all things!  Bank One had Gauntlet II in it, Bank Two had Rebooteroids, both of which i've had on cart for a looooong time.   

 

Will get in on the fun ASAP! 

 

 

PXL_20201210_185431577.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32,445.  Those spiders are tricky!

 

This game is awesome and super fun. Music is great too!  

 

Hope this gets some further modes, etc. and a cart release some day. Centipede is my Jam!

 

 

PXL_20201211_030010645.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it the other night, thought it was a bit easy, missed the bit about putting in advanced mode lol, will try again at weekend!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, str0m said:

I tried it the other night, thought it was a bit easy, missed the bit about putting in advanced mode lol, will try again at weekend!

Well, we can expect a really high score then.... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

 Bank One had Gauntlet II in it, Bank Two had Rebooteroids, both of which i've had on cart for a looooong time.  

 

Two good games, but that does date how long it's been.  :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 64,250 score was left off but oh well, here's 50,830.   Others will be coming.  :D

 

20201211_093621.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit: removed post, had a score/screenshot posted, but in standard mode, will try again:)

 

 

 

Edited by Isgoed
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 4 is killing me 😂- it’s taken me two nights of solid drinking and playing to get to this. 

AA3D191C-0531-40F3-A93A-2583E7A3F79E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please tell me this is v4 as I can't remember if I swapped the file over at work as no sd reader at home. 94% sure I did lol

 

Question, whilst the music is good, after an hour less so...is it a mod? Can the Jag SD card be read when a rom has been loaded in and is running or is that not possible? I'm thinking no as it loads the rom and the jag boots it. If you could read it somehow you could let people chuck their own mod files on and skip through them with a joypad button.

 

Both my wrists are ruined now. Time to make a saturn to jag pad converter 

20201212_202837.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, str0m said:

Please tell me this is v4 as I can't remember if I swapped the file over at work as no sd reader at home. 94% sure I did lol

 

Question, whilst the music is good, after an hour less so...is it a mod? Can the Jag SD card be read when a rom has been loaded in and is running or is that not possible? I'm thinking no as it loads the rom and the jag boots it. If you could read it somehow you could let people chuck their own mod files on and skip through them with a joypad button.

 

Yes, that is v4.


Yes, the second thing is technically possible, but no, it won't be done:

 

  • this can also play on a Skunkboard and will end up as part of a multi-cart down the road. That would cause insta-crash.
  • modules would need to be played from RAM after they are loaded from mSD, and RAM use is heavily managed.  What if someone slapped a 1.7mb MOD in there?
  • its a free* game what if someone put an unlicensed module on there, made a video, and then I got hastled by the author for putting it in my game?
  • Music in a game annoying you? Turn the volume down and throw your own tunez on another device in the room.

 

I don't need any of the above adding stress to what is meant to be a fun mini-game release.

* Freeware, NOT "Public Doman" don't use free as an excuse to be an utter c**k-womble and sell copies

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah was just thinking out loud and in no way putting the game down. Can you adjust music and sfx volume?

 

Will give it another go soon :)

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, str0m said:

Ah was just thinking out loud and in no way putting the game down. Can you adjust music and sfx volume?

 

Will give it another go soon :)

 

Thanks

 Yes, with the tv volume controls 😀

 

No offence taken, all good. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's on like Donkey Kong!

bpedeadv.thumb.jpg.71e744beb413c32826aeb7e5310feb4b.jpg
I set out to break wave 100, hoping to break 1 million points, sadly a butterfly (out of all things) was my downfall for the million dollar mark.

The fatigue is real but I have mastered that spider!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the secret to the spider Clint?

 

In most Centipede versions I go for it for extra points, but I have just been avoiding it in Biopede. It stays really low to the screen bottom after coming on screen and winds up costing me more lives than it gives me points. I have got underneath it so many times just to have it slam down on me and kill me before any shots come out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...