IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077

youxia

6 hours ago, youxia said:

So, up yours, boo-people ;)

Classy.  You've gotten so defensive about negative comments about this game.  Why is that?

The game was not finished for PS4/XB1, and won't be until at least Feb 2021, but was released on disc for PS4/XB1 in Dec 2020.  The bottom line is the game shouldn't have been released yet.  Obviously people will complain, and rightfully so.

Edited by glazball
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, glazball said:

Classy.  You've gotten so defensive about negative comments about this game.  Why is that?

The game was not finished for PS4/XB1, and won't be until at least Feb 2021, but was released on disc for PS4/XB1 in Dec 2020.  The bottom line is the game shouldn't have been released yet.  Obviously people will complain, and rightfully so.

People were complaining (and sending in death threats) when the game was delayed, so it's really a damned if you, damned if you don't situation.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:38 PM, glazball said:

"Defensive"? My post was more of a condemnation/attack, so perhaps this old trope is ill fitting here.

Semantics aside, I play on PC, that's my experience and what I relate to in my comments. As for consoles, it's hard to judge without playing it myself - the complaints could be justified, or part of the mass hysteria. Many people actually do understand that the performance on these machines will be inferior and most bugs ironed out, hence many positive comments even from those with last gen consoles.

You missed the point anyway, because, as I said in my post (you have read it all, not just the last paragraph, right?) valid, reasonable, criticism is always welcome. Unfortunately, this situation is very far from being reasonable overall, and my "up yours" comment was directed towards people making it so. For evidence look no further than this thread, where you've got one person spamming endless "bugs!!!1!" links without offering even one sentence of personal opinion, and most likely not having played the game themselves. This is symptomatic of the pitchfork mob mentality out there.

If PS/X1 versions are in need of repair, then for sure, complain away. Not that patching big games is anything new, let's skip this bit thou. But is it really worth declaring the game "unplayable", demanding refunds and pulling the game from PS4, which is what Sony's last grandstanding gesture was? One might ask, if it really is so broken why did they allow it in in the first place?

• Like 1

It's odd, in my own anecdotal experience, I have a coworker that is playing it on an OG PS4, and when I tell him about the drama, he shrugs and says the only real bug he's encountered is being naked when he looks in the mirror and that the game runs fine otherwise.

How much of this is just expectations with last gen console users thinking the game would look as good and run as well as it would on a high end PC?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Agamon said:

How much of this is just expectations with last gen console users thinking the game would look as good and run as well as it would on a high end PC?

I don't think anybody expects that this late into the generation.   The complaints I've seen were about horrible performance and horrible bugs.

But I've seen launch dramas for so many games get blown out of proportion that I wouldn't be surprised if this one was too.   It's typical that a lot of the angry people never even play the game,  they just get angry about what they've been told about the game by people looking to stir up drama (for clicks, views, etc), and react with "how dare these publishers put out such garbage!".

I remember when I got Battlefront II, a lot of people were angry and spreading information about things that weren't even true.  Maybe they were in the beta but  they were changed at launch. 

Still though, the fact that Sony is issuing refunds when they refused to do so for some other launch disasters might mean there is some truth to it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zzip said:

I don't think anybody expects that this late into the generation.   The complaints I've seen were about horrible performance and horrible bugs.

But I've seen launch dramas for so many games get blown out of proportion that I wouldn't be surprised if this one was too.   It's typical that a lot of the angry people never even play the game,  they just get angry about what they've been told about the game by people looking to stir up drama (for clicks, views, etc), and react with "how dare these publishers put out such garbage!".

I remember when I got Battlefront II, a lot of people were angry and spreading information about things that weren't even true.  Maybe they were in the beta but  they were changed at launch. 

Still though, the fact that Sony is issuing refunds when they refused to do so for some other launch disasters might mean there is some truth to it.

To be fair, CDPR said they'd offer console users refunds. This is just Sony finally going along with it.

4 minutes ago, DJ Clae said:

This is the most whiney, entitled generation of gamers I've ever seen. More evidence the internet brings out the worst of humanity.

The Internet/social media allows online mobs to easily form, and like offline mobs, they are less interested in seeing actual justice than they are in getting a scalp.   The worst mistake companies do is capitulate and apologize to these mobs if they've done nothing wrong because that only emboldens the mob.   So it remains to be seen if CDPR's apology/refund approach will work as intended or blow up in their face.

In the case of No Man's Sky, the developers never admitted to doing anything wrong, instead they quietly worked to fix and improve the game, and now they are generally seen as one of the greatest turnaround stories in gaming.   More importantly, they denied the loud mob what they wanted and they eventually they got bored of crapping on the game and moved onto their next target.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DJ Clae said:

This is the most whiney, entitled generation of gamers I've ever seen. More evidence the internet brings out the worst of humanity.

Not saying you're wrong.  In my experience current gen gamers are pretty compliant with brand names.  Defending them while getting their digital downloads yanked and not getting refunds half the time.

The whining comes mostly from the gaming media.  Casting whatever narrative keeps their sponsors and generates furious keyboard smashing.

When a AAA game gets delisted like this you know they totally shit the bed. I'll look into this game again in Feb or March when they should\could have these major issues resolved. Also worth mentioning is that the PC version ain't no bug free masterpiece, it's just marginally better than the train wrecks being experienced on the various home consoles.

• Like 1

This is well on its way to being my single favorite video game. The only reason it's not there now is that I haven't seen if they ruin the story yet, since I'm sticking more to the wide range of side-quests. It's a shame that I'm hearing negative things about some of the console versions. I'm hearing very good things from pc and ps5 players, despite it being pulled from psn.

I love the artistry here. Swinging the camera around is an unending series of desktop-worthy screenshots, and every street corner seems to have something new to do to do without having to resort to 'making my own fun.' If it starts feeling samey, I do something else in it for a while. I'm 50+ hours in and haven't spent so much time with a game since xenoblade 2. I haven't even found the racing yet, but I'll probably really like that despite the brakes being made of bubblegum.

Today I've finally read enough 'shards' to start recognizing obscure characters from the minor sidequests in conversation transcripts and even as article authors. Deus Ex games tended to have character stories that all tied together, but it was on a much smaller scale, making it considerably more obvious. This one takes much more time to notice.

As for performance, I'm seeing a very solid framerate which is generally at the 60fps cap I set for it, everything looks beautiful, controls took some tweaking but I'm pretty happy with those now too. I do see my share of minor graphical bugs (graphical doesn't seem to be the correct word for most of it, more object-placement related), but it's a very big game, with an awful lot to go wrong in it.  I hear 1.05 is out for consoles, but so far not pc yet. I've actually never had much good to say about CDPR prior to this title, but wow, did they nail it--at least the pc version.

From my conversations with coworkers, opinions of the game are very high. I think this might be one of those times where the game's fans aren't as vocal on the internets, because they're 'jacked in' and hanging with keanu.

Edited by Reaperman

On 12/19/2020 at 11:56 PM, Shawn said:

Also worth mentioning is that the PC version ain't no bug free masterpiece, it's just marginally better than the train wrecks being experienced on the various home consoles.

That's simply not true, unless I (and many others) got some special, secret non-trainwreck version from CDPR.

It's actually the same thing with every launch on a PC. The amusing thing about pcmasterrace massive is that many of its proponents haven't got a clue about either optimising, or keeping their machines bug free, but they are first to write a negative review.

The other thing is that we are already on 1.05 as of yesterday, and it makes a big difference. 10 days, oh my, where's my pitchfork.

The "most helpful" review on GOG.com at the moment has 2 stars and says this:

"Um, I can make a female character. Give her a d**k if I want to. (o.0) But I can't remap keyboard keys that I need to because of disability? Your kidding right?

Right. Nevermind that you could redefine keys from at least 1.03 (the next day patch).

2 hours ago, youxia said:

That's simply not true, unless I (and many others) got some special, secret non-trainwreck version from CDPR.

Yeah, almost no problems, and what I'm seeing is usually non-game impacting or has easy work-arounds. Considering the massive amount of game I've seen, that's easily 99.9% bug-free, if not five nines.

My blue interaction dot/reticle sometimes disappears until I go in&out of hacking mode, and a couple times I had to quicksave/reload to get the objects in a mission to be there, (I don't think I've had to do that since day two).  I see fair bit of objects spawning in above ground, and dropping when I round the corner and they come into view, as well.  Also stuck floating objects are fairly regular sights just due to the number of 'things' around in the game, but that's also maybe 1/1000 objects, there is just so much stuff here that anything that occasionally goes wrong can be regularly seen.

Otherwise, my head disappeared once on the motorcycle until I got off and on again, and one lady once was 'air sitting' because she was supposed to be on a sofa across the room and in that sofa was a standing t-posed guy with no hair.

Also something happened to many objects in my inventory dump/stash, including me losing two unique/named pistols. I doubt that was user error, since I put one of them in there specifically with the intention of upgrading it to kill its original owner with later on.

I saw my lowest framerates last night, when I'm on the motorcycle and it's raining, I dropped to ~45--really not bad for a 3+ year old machine.  Probably all the extra reflections

Edited by Reaperman

@ReapermanThe 1.05 hotfix is already up for PC, try it out.

My experience has been similar - I occasionally see some non-important glitches, like that air-sitting (eg: my car), or items floating in air. The funniest was when Jackie was trying to insert that McGuffin chip into his head in the hotel mission, and instead his gun materialized, so it looked like he was about to off himself.

Some side-scenes also repeat themselves every time you pass by which is quite silly (eg: the cops have been trying to arrest the same guy in my block for few days now).

The only serious (but not gamebreaking) bug I saw is the one where you engage a hostile NPC(s), run away, and they go back to their little mobility zone. That's okay, but it happened twice that when I came back to kill them after that, they were just stuck, not engaging me at all or defending themselves.

So, I guess if I put it all in two minute clip it'd make for a great "CP2077 so broken!!!!1!" video. The fact that that's all I've seen over 20-25 hrs of play does not matter in our hot take times...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reaperman said:

This is well on its way to being my single favorite video game. The only reason it's not there now is that I haven't seen if they ruin the story yet, since I'm sticking more to the wide range of side-quests. It's a shame that I'm hearing negative things about some of the console versions. I'm hearing very good things from pc and ps5 players, despite it being pulled from psn..

Throw Series X on the pile of issue-free platforms too. I haven't played it real far into the Keanu part yet (playing AC Valhalla now instead) but I've had no issues.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 5:56 PM, Shawn said:

When a AAA game gets delisted like this you know they totally shit the bed. I'll look into this game again in Feb or March when they should\could have these major issues resolved. Also worth mentioning is that the PC version ain't no bug free masterpiece, it's just marginally better than the train wrecks being experienced on the various home consoles.

Supposedly it was delisted by Sony as punishment for CDPR telling users they could get refunds.   Sony generally doesn't do refunds on digital purchases.

It had nothing to do with the quality/bugs.   There have been tons of super awful/super buggy games that stayed in the Playstation store.

I've not yet had the time to really dive into the game, but soon will have some holiday time to finally do so.

I was wondering one thing though; people seem to be reporting a police spawning bug that looks a little crazy, eg. they can spawn right next to you once you have a wanted level. Is this a consistent bug that everybody experiences?

I've enjoyed most of the quests so far in the game, a lot of variation, but last night I did one that was terrible in all regards. Won't say which one, because spoilers, but I'm already not a big fan of puzzle platform missions in first person RPGs, but add a very dark environment, areas that are dangerous that don't look it, areas that aren't dangerous that very much look deadly, and an ending where if you didn't stat up a certain way, you are stuck making a certain choice that pisses Johnny off, let's just say, I'm glad this is the only crappy mission I've found in 40 hours of play.

11 minutes ago, Ninjabba said:

I was wondering one thing though; people seem to be reporting a police spawning bug that looks a little crazy, eg. they can spawn right next to you once you have a wanted level. Is this a consistent bug that everybody experiences?

Might be a bug. I just assume that when I do something illegal out in the open, it's game over.

On 12/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, Ninjabba said:

I hadn't been nasty to the peds before, but have just tried killing some and can confirm that indeed the cops will spawn right "behind" you, or thereabouts, if you do that. And once I ran away, nobody chased me and it all kinda fizzled out really fast. It's quite ridiculous. I don't think it's as much a bug as simply being a totally underdeveloped system, due to rushing the game out. They definitely need to sort that out pronto in one of the upcoming updates.

I also hope that whatever expansions they have planned will concentrate on developing/adding replayable gameplay subsystems alongside serving some new short story and adding a few side missions.

Edited by youxia

Gamers Angry They Can't Refund 'Cyberpunk 2077' And Still Keep The Game

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/games-gamers-angry-they-cant-refund-cyberpunk-2077-and-still-keep-it-20201221

In a report from The Gamer, at least one Cyberpunk 2077 player didn't realise that contacting Microsoft and requesting a refund for the game would result in them lifting the game from their console. The tweet from the angry fan says, "Xbox Support, I just got refunded for Cyberpunk but now you guys are removing it from my console? I wanna play the game still! You scammed the world by allowing a game to be released and sold on your console that does not work and will not work for months."

• Haha 1