IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

- folds arms - 

I don't know. Probably going to have to pass this time around. Have my first child on the way early next year and this year hasn't been all that great.

I wouldn't even have anything to play the SNES game on anyway.

Ordered my copy... Not sure what number... I'm looking forward to it! I've really enjoyed my Phoenix, especially after I picked up the NTT keypad controller.

I also plan to test them with Argon and will let folks know if we run into/see any game specific issues. Once we add the meta-data to the database, then the titles/developer/etc info will show up for anyone else that plays them with Argon.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, retroillucid said:

The CollectorVison Experience Club 2021 is now live!

Get your membership before it's too late!

This year is going to be awesome as well

Get your membership here: https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-experience-club-membership-2021/

If we already have the SNES Sydney Hunter can we substitute the Justice Beaver SNES game?

• Like 1

I'm in for 2021, but realistically I think we can only expect one special game. 200 members in these economic times will be a hard milestone to reach. And I also wouldn't have any need for, or any physical console to play an SNES game on, anyway.

Edited by zyzzle

23 minutes ago, Sargon said:

I put my order in as soon as I saw the email.  I was very happy with this year's game.

Just curious - For repeat members, do we keep the same member number or is it different every year?

You will keep the same member number (per the email they sent out)

9 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm in!

It didn't work the first time...Wouldn't take me to PayPal, but I tried it again and it worked fine...Weird.

I had the same experience. Had to go through the email that was sent to me to get it to work.

J-F and Toby... this is the third year of the CV Club and the third year where people are asking for a list of the rom images in the vault and/or what are the new rom images that have been added to the previous year’s vault. I think the complete list should be included in the email as well as on the website... which would be much easier to do than dealing with all these questions which obviously are going to be asked.

Why haven’t PDF manuals been added yet? It’s not like you don’t have them all in digital format already.

if you got overstock of a SNES game you released, I don’t think it should be included in the CV Club to give the illusion of getting more for your membership. Some may appreciate it as they have a SNES, but postings so far say they don’t, including myself. So most will get a useless game that we will have to go thru the trouble of reselling because after all, if you’re involved in this retro community as we are, your not just going to discard it. Yeah, I understand, sell it and recoup some of the cost of the club membership but not worth the time and effort.

Just some personal opinions.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

J-F and Toby... this is the third year of the CV Club and the third year where people are asking for a list of the rom images in the vault and/or what are the new rom images that have been added to the previous year’s vault. I think the complete list should be included in the email as well as on the website... which would be much easier to do than dealing with all these questions which obviously are going to be asked.

Why haven’t PDF manuals been added yet? It’s not like you don’t have them all in digital format already.

if you got overstock of a SNES game you released, I don’t think it should be included in the CV Club to give the illusion of getting more for your membership. Some may appreciate it as they have a SNES, but postings so far say they don’t, including myself. So most will get a useless game that we will have to go thru the trouble of reselling because after all, if you’re involved in this retro community as we are, your not just going to discard it. Yeah, I understand, sell it and recoup some of the cost of the club membership but not worth the time and effort.

Just some personal opinions.

Happy Holidays!

Hi Jim,

We are selling a membership. Been a member will give you the access to our roms vault and get a free game(s)

We are not forcing anybody to be member. its everybody's choice and we respect that. 

its been 2 years and we didn't change the way we are doing it.

We are treating the rom vault like we are doing for the secret game(s).  a lot of people like surprises.

We are seriously thinking about the PDF's for the manuals. I think its a great idea. I hope we'll make this happen.

As for the SNES game, if you got my email, its just an extra bonus. Its not an " illusion of getting more " YOU ARE getting more.

Yes we do have extra copies that we would sell eventually. But why not including them. Of course if someone doesn't want it,

they can always resell it or even give it away. its just a bonus anyway.

We also have a draw for a Limited Adam color Phoenix.

I really think people enjoy the club and if there is not enough people it might be the last year.

But I have a feeling that this year will be different than other years :)

You might not want to miss it.

Cheers!

Toby

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am happy that the chance to get the Sydney Game for the SNES is there, I enjoy playing my SNES and thought about getting it on that system as well.  I am hoping their are enough people to make it happen.  Third year for me to join the club and it seems to get better every year!  Thank you all!

The CollectorVision Experience Club 2021 has started!
We're already half way through our goal in only 5 days!
We're aiming for 200 Members for this year.

If we hit 200 members, you'll get not only 1, but 2 completely exclusive games!

Are you on the fence?
Ask people here who were previous year's members, they will tell you how cool the exclusive games are and how worth it the Club is.
And this year is no exception! ?

You also have the chance to win a Phoenix game console!

- 1st  Club game is an Arcade game
- 2nd Club Game (if we hit 200 members) is a VERY popular game