IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

5 hours ago, retroillucid said:

- 1st  Club game is an Arcade game

- 2nd Club Game (if we hit 200 members) is a VERY popular game

1st Club game: Phoenix, Tac-Scan, Wild Western or Journey Escape would be my guesses if CollectorVision follows suit with going after games that were announced for the CV but never were released.

2nd Club game: Dino Eggs just because it is a VERY popular game that everyone mentions wanting to be ported to the CV.

On 12/3/2020 at 2:19 AM, GoldLeader said:

It didn't work the first time...Wouldn't take me to PayPal, but I tried it again and it worked fine...Weird.

I had a similar experience, it then worked for me by refreshing the page and going back to the cart after I was logged into my account.

Edited by funcool
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swami said:

There's always Bounty Bob Strikes Back!

I have been in contact with Bill Hogue for about 5 seconds.

I sent him emails repeatedly which he eventually answered when I emailed his brother, at least I think it was his brother.

I get it, he's a busy man as well as being an actual figure in this industry that stands out.

I started out with asking a few questions about ports which he stated he was not involved with.

He said that he was approached a few years back about intellivision and a cell phone versions.

His basic attitude was he was happy that he was still making money on the game all these years later.

When I went to follow up because I wanted to bring BBSB to the Colecovision he no longer responded to my emails.

This going on now, almost a year.

So, I have come to the conclusion that I would have to either show some money up front or just do it and risk some kind of litigation.

I would rather use my valuable time to work on the 50 other games on my list than to take six months to create a game that I could not legally release.

Don't get me wrong, I love to make ports because it hones my programing skills however I would love to see new games come to the table.

Coleco Vaporware games are cool to fill in, Dino Eggs to be specific.  Then again it would be nothing new that you can play in an emulator for another system.

Edited by Itchy Scratchy

3 hours ago, retroillucid said:

The 2nd game is NOT a vaporware or an unreleased game

Hmm, not saying anything about the 1st game... one of my guesses (Phoenix, Tac-Scan, Wild Western or Journey Escape) must have been correct unless I am reading into this too much and it's actually going to be Zoo Keeper.

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

Hmm, not saying anything about the 1st game... one of my guesses (Phoenix, Tac-Scan, Wild Western or Journey Escape) must have been correct unless I am reading into this too much and it's actually going to be Zoo Keeper.

ZooKeeper would be incredible.  However, it would need to come with a warning label on the side of the box saying that playing with the original ColecoVision controller may cause severe arthritis.

If under 200 members will the 2nd secret game see a regular standard release outside of the club?  Or would it become next year's club's secret game?  Maybe club members can opt to purchase the 2nd secret game if under the 200 goal.  I just wouldn't want the game, whatever it may be, to end up scrapped and not see an eventual release.