IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

5 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Probably, we'll see how it goes
We're missing 80 members to hit 200 

I don't mean to stir up any controversy here, I'm just a little puzzled: Didn't you manage to sell hundreds of Phoenixes? Did you try contacting all those people to see if they'd be interested in the club? Seems to me like reaching 200 members from that pool of customers should not be all that difficult.

7 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

I don't mean to stir up any controversy here, I'm just a little puzzled: Didn't you manage to sell hundreds of Phoenixes? Did you try contacting all those people to see if they'd be interested in the club? Seems to me like reaching 200 members from that pool of customers should not be all that difficult.

Yes, we did
However, with this pandemic, many people lost their jobs and/or are tight with money 
Plus, it's holidays so we will probably extend the subscription window till mid-January 

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 5

I am on the fence this year.  

Pros: Secret Game or two?

Some additional roms? But I don't know what they are? Should I?

Supporting Collectorvision.

Cons:

I have really stopped collecting carts at this point.  (yet I still want them!  DARN) I haven't even tried the 2020 secret game yet. But let's face it. 2020 pretty much sucked.

I don't know what the new roms are? Should I?  Where have I heard that before?

Not supporting Collectorvision.

If it added the few Intellivision Roms I don't already have... I would be in.

I think it may only be Astro Invader? I think most if not all of the others have been for sale in the past.  I have the cart, but LTO is just easier to deal with.

If you get to 199... I will also be in to get you to the magic number!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 3:59 PM, rxmage said:

Do we get a clue this year like last so that we can play the guessing game?  Another game that hasn't been already ported?

Just subscribed in the hope that the "very popular game" is Pig Mock or maybe Sa-Zi-Ri! Ugh, Princess Maker sounds too much like raising a twelve year-old in real life to be classified as escapism, though. 

2 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Yes, I heard about that :thumbsup:
We're probably going to extend the deadline 

I will do my best to promote this as well.

If people are reading this and haven't joined the club yet, last year's secret game was absolutely amazing! If this year's secret game is anywhere near the quality of last year's it will absolutely be worth joining the club!

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2020 at 1:57 PM, 1980gamer said:

I am on the fence this year.  

Pros: Secret Game or two?

Some additional roms? But I don't know what they are? Should I?

Supporting Collectorvision.

Cons:

I have really stopped collecting carts at this point.  (yet I still want them!  DARN) I haven't even tried the 2020 secret game yet. But let's face it. 2020 pretty much sucked.

I don't know what the new roms are? Should I?  Where have I heard that before?

Not supporting Collectorvision.

If it added the few Intellivision Roms I don't already have... I would be in.

I think it may only be Astro Invader? I think most if not all of the others have been for sale in the past.  I have the cart, but LTO is just easier to deal with.

If you get to 199... I will also be in to get you to the magic number!

Try the 2020 Secret game and you will surely forget that 2020 sucked. It really is that great.

For anyone 'on the fence' about joining (clubs - here and other places)...

Been doing business with J-F & Toby (and OPCODE & PIXELBOY) for almost 20 years!

You will hopefully enjoy the 'ride' like I have... great games!

Signup now guys (gals?)

Jeff

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 5:04 PM, killersquirel said:

In the US they are just starting to send out stimulus checks. It might be a good idea to extend the deadline a couple of weeks. 

Well, that would be a great use of stimulus money, that is, if things get settled in DC and another round of stimulus checks are sent out. ?

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 6:13 PM, killersquirel said:

I will do my best to promote this as well.

If people are reading this and haven't joined the club yet, last year's secret game was absolutely amazing! If this year's secret game is anywhere near the quality of last year's it will absolutely be worth joining the club!

Does the secret game have to remain secret even after it's released?

37 minutes ago, zaphro72 said:

It is supposed to yes.

30 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

Yes

That is what I was afraid of.  I have a number of problems with the Collectorvision club membership.  There's the cost issue for one.  Shelling out for a game I might not even like is a big barrier for me.  You can't know if I will like it.  You can guarantee it will be high quality but that doesn't guarantee it would still be a game I'm willing to pay homebrew prices for.  

The biggest two problems I have though are 1, the fact that the game will ONLY be available to members and 2, the secrecy.  Sure that secrecy can be sort of fun at first but even after it's released?  Really?  The exclusivity of the whole game smacks of elitism and the secrecy smacks of an abhorrent form of schoolyard bullying.  Surely you know what I mean by that without having to spell it out.  I really think Collectorvision should rethink their approach to their club membership.

12 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

That is what I was afraid of.  I have a number of problems with the Collectorvision club membership.  There's the cost issue for one.  Shelling out for a game I might not even like is a big barrier for me.  You can't know if I will like it.  You can guarantee it will be high quality but that doesn't guarantee it would still be a game I'm willing to pay homebrew prices for.  

The biggest two problems I have though are 1, the fact that the game will ONLY be available to members and 2, the secrecy.  Sure that secrecy can be sort of fun at first but even after it's released?  Really?  The exclusivity of the whole game smacks of elitism and the secrecy smacks of an abhorrent form of schoolyard bullying.  Surely you know what I mean by that without having to spell it out.  I really think Collectorvision should rethink their approach to their club membership.

really schoolyard bullying?  That’s actually offensive to anyone who has suffered it.  Who is being hurt?  You don’t have to join, just move on and let others enjoy.

also, for the price you get a boat load of roms, so there is that.

the club isn’t much different than buying a mystery box, or many other things that you don’t know what you are getting till you purchase and receive the item.

also, i believe that collectorvision will help you sell the game if you aren’t happy. i’m might be making that up, but usually some one in the forums will buy. and you still get the roms and entry into the contest.

i don’t like using the word, but you are sounding a little entitled.

this is why we can’t have nice things

• Like 1