IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

2 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

We're only missing about 40 more subscribers to hit the magic number! :)

On 12/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, retroillucid said:

We only need about 40 more members to hit the 200 marks!

Subscribe here!
https://collectorvision.com/shop/colecovision/collectorvision-experience-club-membership-2021/

Did someone quit?

I was on the fence since the Phoenix I ordered was delayed. Not complaining. Prefer the kinks are worked out before it is shipped. I was prepared to wait until next year. But after extending the deadline I couldn’t wait until next years club. Pulled the trigger today and purchased a membership. Can’t wait!  I do have a SNES so really hoping we hit the 200 mark. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MMarcoux66 said:

Wonder if including the Intellivision ROM vault would help move people off the fence and get us to 200 :D? Assuming that there won't be another Intellivision club.

I think that is an awesome idea -- have CollectorVision Experience be the whole classic catalog. Or at least have an option for it to be the whole catalog (if it needs to be an upcharge/deluxe version)... Weren't there also 2600 titles from Collectorvision back in the day? That would keep the concept really simple, expand the audience, etc.

• Like 3

On 12/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, NIAD said:

J-F and Toby... this is the third year of the CV Club and the third year where people are asking for a list of the rom images in the vault and/or what are the new rom images that have been added to the previous year’s vault. I think the complete list should be included in the email as well as on the website... which would be much easier to do than dealing with all these questions which obviously are going to be asked.

Why haven’t PDF manuals been added yet? It’s not like you don’t have them all in digital format already.

if you got overstock of a SNES game you released, I don’t think it should be included in the CV Club to give the illusion of getting more for your membership. Some may appreciate it as they have a SNES, but postings so far say they don’t, including myself. So most will get a useless game that we will have to go thru the trouble of reselling because after all, if you’re involved in this retro community as we are, your not just going to discard it. Yeah, I understand, sell it and recoup some of the cost of the club membership but not worth the time and effort.

Just some personal opinions.

Happy Holidays!

When people resell them for $200-$300 completely closing off the market to most.... yeah.. its a pain in the ass to "recoup" costs.

Edited by sn8k

31 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

...Ah, and the official count is: 159 members 

Hmm, still on the fence this year.  I'm really hoping it'll reach 200.

I have almost all the Collectorvision releases, so the ROM files aren't a big draw for me... and it's hard to justify spending $150 for a single special release.  Being closer to two special releases is the key for me to jump in.  Maybe you need an infomercial.  ;)

11 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Wonder if including the Intellivision ROM vault would help move people off the fence and get us to 200 :D? Assuming that there won't be another Intellivision club.

The one sad part of the 2019 club as we were promised this and it didn't happen.

• Like 1