IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

On 1/31/2021 at 4:52 PM, Ikrananka said:

Armageddon Roller Controller Edition

Now this is a nice surprise as the cart release of the game doesn't support the Roller Controller.

Okay, so I was mistaken when I said that the cart release of Armageddon doesn't support the Roller Controller.  It's right there in the game manual that it does and I just tested it to make sure, and it does indeed work.

So, this then begs the question, what does the Armageddon "Roller Controller Edition" (RCE) really mean?  The original and RCE rom files are certainly different but play testing both I can't tell any difference.  Please help CollectorVision - my head hurts ?

40 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Okay, so I was mistaken when I said that the cart release of Armageddon doesn't support the Roller Controller.  It's right there in the game manual that it does and I just tested it to make sure, and it does indeed work.

So, this then begs the question, what does the Armageddon "Roller Controller Edition" (RCE) really mean?  The original and RCE rom files are certainly different but play testing both I can't tell any difference.  Please help CollectorVision - my head hurts ?

Do both work in Roller mode, or is one Joystick mode only, and the other allows for Roller mode?

1 hour ago, doubledown said:

Do both work in Roller mode, or is one Joystick mode only, and the other allows for Roller mode?

They both work in Roller mode.  Although my testing was via emulation (CoolCV) and using an Ultimate PC Interface.  I probably should test this directly on a real CV.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ikrananka said:

They both work in Roller mode.  Although my testing was via emulation (CoolCV) and using an Ultimate PC Interface.  I probably should test this directly on a real CV.

Do they both work with the standard controller? Perhaps they made a roller controller version first as a proof of concept before adding the standard controller as a second option for more widespread convenience.

7 minutes ago, Swami said:

Do they both work with the standard controller? Perhaps they made a roller controller version first as a proof of concept before adding the standard controller as a second option for more widespread convenience.

I wondered that too.  However, they do both work with a standard controller.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, killersquirel said:

Is anyone else having sound issues with Eggerland Mystery on the Phoenix? The sound has a weird buzz to it. Eggerland Mystery doesn't have these sound issues on the MiSTer. Is there a new firmware that takes care of the sound issue?

There was one... what version do you have now?

People in this thread reported that Core 07 fixed the noise: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a long thread, so I'm sorry if this has already been answered.  I know the Club is "out of stock" for 2021, but the Rom Vault is still for sale here:  CollectorVision Vault – Rom Pack | CollectorVision.  If I purchase the Rom Vault, do I get the same roms that are part of the club?

43 minutes ago, wongojack said:

This is a long thread, so I'm sorry if this has already been answered.  I know the Club is "out of stoc" for 2021, but the Rom Vault is still for sale here:  CollectorVision Vault – Rom Pack | CollectorVision.  If I purchase the Rom Vault, do I get the same roms that are part of the club?

I don't believe so. I think somewhere it was asked and they were including more for the club besides the "secret" games.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, retroillucid said:

That's right, only members get the ''Update Pack''
More games are added each year
This is exclusive to the members

Good to know.  Just want to say that I will buy a rom-only version of the vault and update pack(s) if sold.

If there was one thing I didn't like about the club was that you don't get that year's secret game rom until the following club year, hence, I didn't join the 2021 club so I miss out getting the 2020 secret game rom. 

10 hours ago, H.E.R.O. said:

If there was one thing I didn't like about the club was that you don't get that year's secret game rom until the following club year, hence, I didn't join the 2021 club so I miss out getting the 2020 secret game rom. 

Check the game link for 2020 that you were sent.  The link was updated later on and the secret game rom was added.

On 3/25/2021 at 6:33 PM, imstarryeyed said:

Retroillucid, can I suggest perhaps a sticker we can put on the box or perhaps some stylish designed printing that says Collectorvision Club and maybe the year on the game and box?

It sure would be neat to see the club games years into the future.

Just my suggestion.

If it were an optional sticker I would be okay with that but personally I don’t want a sticker messing with the aesthetic of the boxes. If it were worked into the text somewhere on the back at the bottom areas I would be more okay with that.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...