IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

30 minutes ago, Neogeoman said:

Got my package today and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved at Collectorvision...you guys hit it out of the park with the 2 games. Exceeded my expectations by a mile and cannot wait to play them. I'm a member for life!!

Cheers to that!!!  From one member for life to another!???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kaboomer said:

I'm curious what country / what state people are getting their packages so far!

Arrived today in The Netherlands!

The police came to my house thinking I was throwing a party and disregarding the Covid-rules. They still can't figure it out it was just me, myself and I!

Collectorvision did it again! Many thanks to you all!

This being said by another member for life!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I received my nicely packaged box this weekend! I am not sure what day it arrived because the mail delivery person tends to hide the packages  behind a pot. But that made for a nice Easter egg!

Excellent surprise this year. Thank you Collectorvision Team for all your hard work, the improvements, and your love of providing a pleasant surprise for the fans! You really are keeping that wonder of summer 1982 alive!

So far, I cannot get the “purple text” game to work on my F18a modded Adam (this is my main machine right now). Everything is scrambled. I will pull out the SGM to see if that changes anything. I will also try it on a stock RF Colecovision. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phattyboombatty said:

So far, I cannot get the “purple text” game to work on my F18a modded Adam (this is my main machine right now). Everything is scrambled. I will pull out the SGM to see if that changes anything. I will also try it on a stock RF Colecovision. 

Yep, seems to be an F18A problem with certain megacarts.  The cart works in my stock CV but I get the same garbled graphics that you get in my F18A modded CV.  No SGM installed so that's not the problem.  Works fine on the Phoenix.

I do wish these carts would be tested on real F18A systems so that the problem can be identified and fixed.  This seems to be an ongoing problem for a number of different megacarts and F18A systems.

• Thanks 1

The biggest reason for F18A garbage at startup on the ColecoVision is the short reset time -- if it's that, pressing the reset button should start the software clean, and that's the giveaway. Software that bypasses the BIOS delay needs to compensate by waiting a short time before initializing the VDP (it's usually enough to do other init first, but I have a short delay in my own crt). It's also possible to mod the reset circuit in the hardware for a longer delay.

But start by seeing if that's the problem by pressing reset. :)

(edit: my delay is about 200ms, according to my notes, and it's in my VDP startup code like so:

volatile unsigned int x;

// before touching VDP, a brief delay. This gives time for the F18A to finish
	// initializing before we touch the VDP itself. This is needed on the Coleco if
	// you don't use the BIOS startup delay. This is roughly 200ms.
	x=60000;
	while (++x != 0) { }		// counts till we loop at 65536

VDP_STATUS_MIRROR = VDPST;	// init and clear any pending interrupt

(VDP_STATUS_MIRROR is my own variable, of course, and VDPST is the port for reading the VDP Status register.)

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, phattyboombatty said:

I've experienced an issue on my ADAM with this game as well, but it works perfectly on my CV and Phoenix. On the first screen, when the character moves to the top/center to go to the top/left, the character begins to float and can continue to move anywhere in that area and even off the top to wrap around to the bottom of the screen. If I move the character back to where it started to float, it is once again restricted in movement properly according to how the game is supposed to work... move back to the magic spot and it can float again. Sorry for the wording used, don't want to give away anything as far as what the game is.

I have not had the time to remove the additional hardware that is installed to see if that is causing a conflict, I do not have an F18a installed, no SGM was attached as it's not needed and I will also test on another stock ADAM to see what happens.

Edited by NIAD