IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

Digging into the members' rom vault, I finally got to try Saguaro City! I was on the fence when it came out, as it looked interesting, but there was not much video. Having now tried it, I can say wow! Excellent game. It has many of my favorite qualities of this kind of pick up and play game- passive objective, direct threats, fast action, and nice differences in difficulty levels. The controls are nice, and the action can get frantic! I am completely hooked.

I will have to start trying out all the others I have missed out on to find more favorites! Anyone have any lesser talked about/known favorites in the vault? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NIAD said:

A big shout out to the CollectorVision Team... the website has really come a long way and it's very much appreciated. Also, thank you for including all the manual PDFs in the CollectorVision Experience Club section.

Yes. Thank you CollectorVision! I'd asked about the manuals a couple times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just wanted to chime in and say these Club games are great!

The first one was quite playable and I think I may have only tried it once before in an arcade a long time ago...And the console port is Amazing!  I finally had to quit paying the other night because I looked up and it was going on 4AM!

I feel that, unlike some of the old releases (from back in the day),  these games feel like they've been play tested to make sure they play right!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:05 PM, phattyboombatty said:

I received my nicely packaged box this weekend! I am not sure what day it arrived because the mail delivery person tends to hide the packages  behind a pot. But that made for a nice Easter egg!

Excellent surprise this year. Thank you Collectorvision Team for all your hard work, the improvements, and your love of providing a pleasant surprise for the fans! You really are keeping that wonder of summer 1982 alive!

So far, I cannot get the “purple text” game to work on my F18a modded Adam (this is my main machine right now). Everything is scrambled. I will pull out the SGM to see if that changes anything. I will also try it on a stock RF Colecovision. 

What i have noticed is with some systems that have f18a installed that you may need to power the system on. wait a few seconds then hit reset and the game will work fine.

A similar problem happens with boot hill but a simple reset will fix it.

It has to do with the f18a needing a little more time to initialize once powered on but the reset leaves the f18a pwoered on.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, digress said:

What i have noticed is with some systems that have f18a installed that you may need to power the system on. wait a few seconds then hit reset and the game will work fine.

A similar problem happens with boot hill but a simple reset will fix it.

It has to do with the f18a needing a little more time to initialize once powered on but the reset leaves the f18a pwoered on.

Yeah, this was suggested before.  Both phattyboombatty and I have tried resetting the system many times but this doesn't solve the problem - still garbled graphics.  My F18A has the 10uF mod on the reset line while phatty's system has the original 1uF capacitor so that also makes no difference with this cart.

23 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I think I'll save my pennies for a proper version of Pengo from Opcode rather than this Ice World.  As for Cavern Fighter, I have the excellent homebrew Super Cobra Arcade for the Atari 2600 so no need for that either.  What I don't have and definitely want from Collectorvision is Mr Do!'s Wild Ride.  I know they are working on that as they have mentioned it in another thread and as they've made it public, surely they wouldn't then turn around and make it a secret, club member only game, eh?  Surely not.

The irony of your post isn't lost on me!!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

How do I join Collectorvision’s club? I tried using the link that was provided earlier in this thread, but it only links to the main store.

Also, how much does the club cost per year?

Membership year 2021 was $150 and is already closed. At the end of this year they will announce via email, here at Atariage or their own website that you can subscribe for the year 2022.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch Colecovision Fan said:

Membership year 2021 was $150 and is already closed. At the end of this year they will announce via email, here at Atariage or their own website that you can subscribe for the year 2022.

Thank you for responding! $150 seems like a good price for everything the membership offers. I’ll be waiting patiently for the end of the year, so I can finally join the club. ??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 6:49 AM, MMarcoux66 said:

How soon will the 2021 club ROMs be released? I see the pictures for them up on the club site, but there are no links that I am seeing.

If you don’t feel like waiting, they can be dumped to a rom image with the MaxFlash Cart/CV Adapter made by AtariMax. It’s another great product by AtariMax that is widely used by Atari Computer users but also has numerous adapters for dumping cartridges to rom images for numerous videogame systems.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NIAD said:

If you don’t feel like waiting, they can be dumped to a rom image with the MaxFlash Cart/CV Adapter made by AtariMax. It’s another great product by AtariMax that is widely used by Atari Computer users but also has numerous adapters for dumping cartridges to rom images for numerous videogame systems.

Cool. I might have to look into getting one of those. I like putting my carts away and playing on either the AtariMax or Phoenix for convenience. 

On 10/21/2021 at 12:29 AM, lucifershalo said:

if I remember well, they will be available with the new 2022 Club membership

No, that's not my understanding at all. The 2021 Club was definitely advertised that it would include the ROMs as well as the physical carts, or I wouldn't have signed up. I'm still waiting for the 2021 secret game roms to be made available, please. They were indeed included in the first two years.

Edited by zyzzle
  • Like 3