IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, mumbai said:

Now I know the 2 games I presume were last year's, I'm glad I didn't join and is precisely why I'm very unlikely to while this whole secrecy thing continues.  I would've loved the arcade game but I already have the other one for my Atari 2600 and have zero interest in a graphically enhanced version.  I want to know what I'm paying for in advance.  I do not like shelling out money for an unknown quantity based on a promise of "trust us, we know you'll love it" because these games prove that, no, I would not.

59 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Now I know the 2 games I presume were last year's, I'm glad I didn't join and is precisely why I'm very unlikely to while this whole secrecy thing continues.  I would've loved the arcade game but I already have the other one for my Atari 2600 and have zero interest in a graphically enhanced version.  I want to know what I'm paying for in advance.  I do not like shelling out money for an unknown quantity based on a promise of "trust us, we know you'll love it" because these games prove that, no, I would not.

okay

• Like 1

7 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Then I'm glad that you didn't join. I've been happily surprised for the last 2 years and I expect this year to be no exception. Also, JF has said on numerous occasions that if you didn't like the games, CV would be happy to help you get rid of them...  allowing them to keep the secret.

So, I understand you not wanting to join the club but I can pretty much guarantee that CV will always keep the games a secret so that they can do some special releases. 300+ people this year seem to agree :D

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Then I'm glad that you didn't join. I've been happily surprised for the last 2 years and I expect this year to be no exception. Also, JF has said on numerous occasions that if you didn't like the games, CV would be happy to help you get rid of them...  allowing them to keep the secret.

So, I understand you not wanting to join the club but I can pretty much guarantee that CV will always keep the games a secret so that they can do some special releases. 300+ people this year seem to agree :D

I'm sure CV will keep secret ,   but if you look cleverly  on youtube , i  have found a video with  i think all the secret games game play.  There will be always leaks. 

8 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

I don't get why they have to be secret to be special.  Surely being special makes them special.

17 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I guess I don't understand the need for this type of post....if you don't want something do not get it....the club and life goes on whether you like or dislike something regardless.  They said from the beginning the exclusive games would be "secret" for the club.  Guess all of us in the club can be thankful you aren't part of it.  So, thank you for your service!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawdawg710 said:

I guess I don't understand the need for this type of post....if you don't want something do not get it....the club and life goes on whether you like or dislike something regardless.  They said from the beginning the exclusive games would be "secret" for the club.  Guess all of us in the club can be thankful you aren't part of it.  So, thank you for your service!!!

The “need” for this type of post is to try and drive change. (please note: Even though I dislike the secrecy thing, I am still being respectful of it by not naming the games).  It is with little effort to add a post here and there in response to someone else’s.  It is a dialogue and this is a platform for expressing (mostly) gaming related opinions and that is what I’ve done.  I shall move on but if an opportunity arises again in the future, I will probably add my 10 cents worth.  It may make a difference, it may not.  Que sera, sera.

1 minute ago, insertclevernamehere said:

The “need” for this type of post is to try and drive change. (please note: Even though I dislike the secrecy thing, I am still being respectful of it by not naming the games).  It is with little effort to add a post here and there in response to someone else’s.  It is a dialogue and this is a platform for expressing (mostly) gaming related opinions and that is what I’ve done.  I shall move on but if an opportunity arises again in the future, I will probably add my 10 cents worth.  It may make a difference, it may not.  Que sera, sera.

Change?  LOL nothing needs to change, the club is what it is!! Thank you for your 2 cents worth and again, thank you for your service!!!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 1:45 PM, insertclevernamehere said:

TBH,  there's nothing wrong with your opinion.  I'm rather thinking this club's just not for you.  I like to trust in the random energy of the Universe,  and this is just one more fun way to do it.  Yes sometimes you won't like game(s) and sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised.   When the package arrives,  it's like Christmas,  and half the fun of opening a present is that you don't what's inside.

I also buy games knowing full well what I'm getting, but this is not that. 

To compare to another hobby;  Music.  Sometimes I know exactly what song/band/album I want to hear, but for me, something I really like doing is making random comps/playlists, etc. of MP3s or burned CDs, (from a huge collection I have not heard all of)...And I almost always have my CD or MP3 player set to shuffle or random.   This is a good way to find hidden gems and deep cuts that will sometimes turn out to be the next songs I know I want to hear...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Oldschool80skid said:

WOW!!

I can't believe this actually sold for that highly inflated asking price.

I'm not at all surprised especially when one considers how much the CollectorVision (err Coleco ?) Phoenix can garner all by it's lonesome especially since a 3rd run is still not a given.

• Like 2