IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

• 3 weeks later...

Do we still have a $10 coupon off of one game for the 2021 club, like we did for 2019 and 2020 or is that basically replaced by the other stuff like the 2nd game and contest? We got an e-mail offer the previous two times, but can't find it for 2021.

Heads up...

We've added meta-data for this years experience club ROM pack to Argon...

If you purchase the membership and load up the games via the "My Library" feature of Argon, you'll see them in the game list/detail views with thumbnails, full titles, release dates, etc.

The meta-data is server-side, so if anyone has corrections/updates to make, just PM me and we can push an update.

Screenshot_20210429-080456.png

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 1:15 PM, retroillucid said:

We'll manufacture them in the next weeks or so
We wanted to have all the Phoenix orders shipped before (wich is now done)

JF, will they be shipping in May do you think?  Asking because I just purchased a new home and my move date is scheduled for June 30th....so just trying to make sure I dont run into some condundrum with the USPS, which sadly always has happened when I have moved lol

On 4/30/2021 at 8:31 PM, lawdawg710 said:

JF, will they be shipping in May do you think?  Asking because I just purchased a new home and my move date is scheduled for June 30th....so just trying to make sure I dont run into some condundrum with the USPS, which sadly always has happened when I have moved lol

1 hour ago, daburton63 said:

When do we get our member cards and access to any perks?  is that all after the phoenix consoles are shipped?  Just making sure I have missed something.  Thanks.

We should start shipping somewhere in June/July 

If you've moved since then, please contact Toby to make sure he have the right address 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

My 2021 club package arrived!

Very pleased with the package and club card.

The games look great I will try them out this evening including the snes game now that i have an snes.

Its not clear where to access the club section on the website. Did you mean the link sent in the email to the rom pack?

Box quality has really gotten good.

Nice jobs guys!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I too just got my 2021 club package and blown away by the games.  Well worth the club membership and what a great surprise the games are.

@digress You can access the club section of the website here : https://collectorvision.com/club/index.html

While I like the new website design, in the club downloads section one has to download each rom/manual individually.  Considering the large number of roms and manuals that are there this will be really tedious if someone wants to download them all.  And lets be honest, who doesn't.  So, I really think a "Download All" option is necessary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

I too just got my 2021 club package and blown away by the games.  Well worth the club membership and what a great surprise the games are.

@digress You can access the club section of the website here : https://collectorvision.com/club/index.html

While I like the new website design, in the club downloads section one has to download each rom/manual individually.  Considering the large number of roms and manuals that are there this will be really tedious if someone wants to download them all.  And lets be honest, who doesn't.  So, I really think a "Download All" option is necessary.

Did they send out the passwords for the sections or is that under construction? I don't remember seeing it.

5 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Did they send out the passwords for the sections or is that under construction? I don't remember seeing it.

The password for the 2021 club is included in the club letter enclosed with the package being shipped to members.  Not sure about the prior year clubs yet as I haven't pulled out my prior year memberships.

• Like 1

Well I've been playing the two club games tonight and I must say that I've been thoroughly enjoying myself - two superb games that I'm sure will really please club members.  I do have a couple of observations:

Game 1 - Not in the manual but I found that the game can be paused by pressing either 1 or * on the keypad.  IMPORTANT - to unpause the game press the left fire button.  Do NOT press the # key while the game is paused as it is essentially a quit option which ends the current game.  I found this out to my dismay while on level 18 with 8 lives remaining ?

Game 2 - This seems to exhibit the same problematic behaviour on my F18A modded CV that a select few other recent megacart games have.  It just displays a screen of garbled characters with a green border.  The cart works fine in one of my stock CVs.  However, the game can be made to work by dumping the rom from the cart and putting that onto an SD card in my AtariMax Ultimate.  In this configuration the game works perfectly with my F18A modded CV.  So there really does seem to be some kind of hardware issue between (some?) megacarts and F18A modded systems.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Right back to Game 2 which I've never played before and can't get past the second screen.  Just not a very good gamer I guess ?

52 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Well I've been playing the two club games tonight and I must say that I've been thoroughly enjoying myself - two superb games that I'm sure will really please club members.  I do have a couple of observations:

Game 1 - Not in the manual but I found that the game can be paused by pressing either 1 or * on the keypad.  IMPORTANT - to unpause the game press the left fire button.  Do NOT press the # key while the game is paused as it is essentially a quit option which ends the current game.  I found this out to my dismay while on level 18 with 8 lives remaining ?

Game 2 - This seems to exhibit the same problematic behaviour on my F18A modded CV that a select few other recent megacart games have.  It just displays a screen of garbled characters with a green border.  The cart works fine in one of my stock CVs.  However, the game can be made to work by dumping the rom from the cart and putting that onto an SD card in my AtariMax Ultimate.  In this configuration the game works perfectly with my F18A modded CV.  So there really does seem to be some kind of hardware issue between (some?) megacarts and F18A modded systems.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Right back to Game 2 which I've never played before and can't get past the second screen.  Just not a very good gamer I guess ?

The two secret games are excellent. I also have not passed the second screen in Game 2, I just tried the game for the first time today, it will take practice I gather.

Edited by funcool

8 hours ago, funcool said:

I also have not passed the second screen in Game 2, I just tried the game for the first time today, it will take practice I gather.

Well my problem was that I hadn't read the manual.  I found pressing the left fire button at an appropriate time on level 2 helped me get through it.  But level 3 is something else and confused the hell out of me.  Lost my last life very quickly.  As you say, it'll take practice.  Great fun though.

3 hours ago, ZillaRUSH said:

Have not had a chance to look at the ROM list...any new ones added?  Games are amazing!!

I don't think I noticed any that weren't in the dropbox link that was supplied back in January, but I didn't do a game by game comparison. The roms for the two club games aren't in the vault yet.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:05 PM, Ikrananka said:

Does Game 1 have the old easter egg?  Have not been able to trigger it.