IGNORED

StarTropics turns 30.

Hi Guys,

StarTropics for the NES turn 30 years old yesterday. What a fun game and still have mine on launch day when my parents purchased a copy for me at Toys R Us. Any fond memories of the game with you fellas? 

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

I didn't get a copy until later on, but I remember the hype when it was released. A few friends had it, so I either played it over their houses or borrowed their copies, but I never got to the end. It's a good one. One of these days, I'll finish it.

And no one ever talks about Zoda's Revenge!

• Like 1

Got this one new back in the day, albeit kinda late; not sure if Zoda's Revenge had been released yet or not, but it was in the same general era. Anyway, I absolutely loved it. I never did complete the game though, though I did make decent headway IIRC. It's really one I should revisit in earnest, especially since I'm currently in an action RPG mood.

You know, with the recent talk on the forums here of potential further Game & Watch/NES handhelds from Nintendo, one spotlighting this (and preferably including Zoda's Revenge as well, IMO) would absolutely be a "must buy" for me. It's kind of a sleeper game, relatively speaking (it never even occurred to me when replying to that thread, despite going way back with it), but absolutely deserving of a spiffy new release like that. StarTropics certainly had (and has) a following, but obviously never attained the all-encompassing mainstream popularity other NES biggies enjoyed and continue to enjoy. A new, out-of-left-field release like that would, I'd hope, go a long way in rectifying that.