IGNORED

The 'Modern Day' TI-99/4A Advertisement Thread - (For fun)

Omega-TI

"Back in the day" there we all kinds of advertisements in print media and on TV for the TI-99/4A.  Micropendium, Home Computer Magazine, Computer Shopper, you name it, it seemed like there was always an advertisement for something 'cool' during the 81-83 time frame.  Now some of those catalogs were well done, others looked like a Xerox nightmare, of course the TV advertisements always looked polished.  These days, there are a lot of guys making YouTube videos, many of them for the TI.  Now these days nearly everyone has a camera and a word processor on their PC, so they and can make stuff much better than some companies/individuals were putting in magazines back then.

Now, with the above in mind, why not a 'modern day' advertisement thread?  You really don't have to have anything for sale, but it would be neat if people picked out one of their favorite items and made a print style or TV type advertisement for their 'product'.  It can be anything really, old new, hell even Zero Zap!  I think this might be fun and kick up the nostalgia meter a notch or two.  Anyone want to have a little fun with this?

This is a really neat idea.

I had a similar idea a while ago but for a different system.  I designed my own 6502 SBC a couple years ago and I've always wanted to create a fictitious "company" that resembles the companies back in the 70's or early 80's.  Something that would advertise the "16KB" of RAM and expandable I/O.   lol

Even see if I can find some people to pose in 70's clothing, pointing at some barchart on one of my old monitors.  Like they are using it for business.   hahaha

It's still something I want to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What I plan to do is play around with it over the next month or two as time allows by removing and replacing some of the older items with new ones then reassembling the catalog and uploading it.  I find it kind of relaxing to fudge around with the graphics program for a few minutes now and then.

I was going to “where was the love for Zero Zap”, but then I found it in the second version. That global pandemic game sounds cool but nobody would believe it.  I prefer a realistic game like Munch-man.

seriously though, this thing could blow up enormously (in a good way) if you include the new stuff.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Airshack said:

I hear @Lee Stewart has a Forth book. I never read the first three.

Hey, since it's something by a community member I love it already.  I learned a few things this morning thanks to your suggestion @Airshack.

First, his book is available on Amazon.com << in paperback >> for cheaper than I had the PDF printed up for at Office Depot a few years back.

Second, his program has a << dedicated website >>.

Third, after revisiting << his thread >> for the first time in years, it'll make a great addition!

fbForth20BookCover_front_LR.png

• Like 5