HSC17 Round 23 POLL

R23POLLD2  

12 members have voted

1. 1. LOL VOTE FOR AS MANY AS YOU WISH!

• Operation Blood
    • Thetris and Flowers Mania
    • Drol (Colour or Mono versions)
    • Last Squadron and Sector Wars
    • Dizzy The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure (130XE ONLY)
    • Zone X (PAL ONLY)
    • The Eidolon

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

We shake things up this time with some different games, plus the runner? up from last time "Thetris and Flowers Mania". NOTE several games have specific harware requirements see below.

Fandal has the games

ataraimania has the info

Poll closes after the current round "Cavernia" - WEDS 9th December 10am UK time

Operation Blood

Joystick or Lightgun versions!

operation_blood.png.08de8265007cc038f2fab188562705fc.pngoperation_blood_(lightgun).png.e5bb10d0c3df04a28d5a2847ce535b7c.png

Fandal ATR

Lightgun version

Thetris and Flowers Mania

thetris.png.be48dad0423763b17040c1230b0c82da.pngflowers_mania.png.e672845764d45d6e93a590775bb6b7e3.png

http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=6989

http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=5288

Drol

Colour or Mono versions of the classic family friendly blaster!!

drol_(color_version).png.0c4793459d09f1bc157d42ee841ca4ab.png

Fandal ATR

Last Squadron and Sector Wars

From this year's abbuc software contest, a Screaming Wings style shooter. Bonus  Sector Wars: from 1985 not sure if it is a SEUCK game

last_squadron.png.1cf2309b687f96fde0c56cab15618fa0.pngsector_wars.png.5b8de4ee1e8d4c7e50a12721817c54ac.png

Last Squadron

Sector Wars

Dizzy The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure (130XE ONLY)

"Conversion from the Commodore 64 by Fandal and Irgendwer 2020 requires 130XE"

dizzy_-_the_ultimate_cartoon_adventure.png.83b28959907020c0b5089738b6ea9c1b.png

Fandal XEX

Zone X (PAL ONLY)

Another of my a-t-favourites, superbly atmospheric, tricky collect and dispose ofer, but you can start on several of the levels!

zone_x.png.0ee7378f696d590f2081046d3c07c1b1.png

fandal's XEX

The Eidolon

Multi (short) level monster slaying game, and Doom gets all the credits eh?! Collect the coloured jewels and (from memory) press space to fire them, the creatures are vulnerable to ceratin colours/combos

eidolon_4.gif.86843b66182f9718ecd238915aaf165d.gif

Fandal XEX

Atarimaina INFO

4 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Sector Wars: from 1985 not sure if it is a SEUCK game

Hm, does SEUCK even exist on the Atari 8-bit? I haven't seen anything about it and anyway it probably would date to 1987-88 at the earliest. Perhaps you meant some other form of game maker, if it wasn't programmed on its own.

43 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Hm, does SEUCK even exist on the Atari 8-bit? I haven't seen anything about it and anyway it probably would date to 1987-88 at the earliest. Perhaps you meant some other form of game maker, if it wasn't programmed on its own.

I thought Sector Wars was only finished and released recently I think it was started in the 80s? There was a thread on the forums here a few months ago

• Like 1

That's correct fellas ?. I wrote 95% of Sector Wars as a teenager using the Atari Assembler Editor cartridge between 83 and 85.  Finally finished it in March/April this year during lockdown (now in my 50s!) ?.   After spending some time to familiarise myself with the code again I basically just added the game over routine plus a few other minor tweaks including adding the Space Invaders phase 'Invader Hit' sound effect.  It basically took a global pandemic to get me to finish it!

I hadn't heard of that Shoot 'em up construction set before - sounds interesting. 

To be honest I was really surprised to see the number of downloads on this site, Atarimania and a Polish site but really nice to see people interested.  ?.  Cheers.

Edited by SectorWars
  • Like 3

Always nice to have a cameo from a programmer here in the HSC :thumbsup: Ahh I rremember reading that thread a while ago (thanks carlsson) If you might have a go and post a score feel free to vote for your own game ;)

Reminder this poll ends WEDS 9th December 10am UK time

[edit]

Maybe I meant Broderbunds' The Arcade Machine

There are a bunch of so so shooters out there from it - typically too easy/too many lives and the scoreboards clock too soon!!

• Like 1