IGNORED

Iron Soldier 3 NUON reprint coming 2021 from Songbird

Songbird

Did the Nuon have any copy protection based on the hardware design of the disc, along the lines of the PS1 or the sega saturn? Or other copy protection for commercial Nuon games?  Or could you just burn a game on a CDr and it would run ok like on the sega CD, Jag CD or 3do?

Edited by sirlynxalot

As far as I recall, CDRs would work.  The only copy protection so to speak, was the encryption required to get code to run.  Only the Samsung DVD-N501 could run "non-signed" homebrew code.  We have the encryption tools, but need to find an old version of linux to run them.

I would love a manual to go with my copy of IS3 that I got from nuon dome ages ago but I can’t justify $20 shipping to U.K. for a $15 manual. Is anyone else U.K. based ordering the game that could help me out by getting me a copy of the manual? Pls let me know! 

Edited by ryanjagman

@ryanjagman If you (or anyone in Europe) would like to order just a single IS3 manual and nothing else, and also if you're OK with it being shipped in a plain non-stiff paper envelope with no bubble padding and no tracking or insurance, I can drop the shipping to $10. Just send me an email at sales@songbird-productions.com and I can provide a shipping discount code.

It's totally up to you on the timing. I am just beating the drum to ensure no one who wanted one misses out. :)

Right now, it looks like I will be able to pull in the IS3 release date by a few weeks and ship in February instead of March. I should have Lynx unnamed (yes, that's the actual name ;) ) available for ordering at the same time; that's the only other release in the Feb/Mar time frame.

FYI, I have about 80 pre-orders on IS3 so far, and hope to reach 100 within the next week. Thanks again for the great support on this! Pretty cool to reprint a NUON game after all these years.

Edited by Songbird
  • Like 2

Last call for IS3 pre-orders at $5 off by this Friday, Jan 22! You can order your copy now. And thanks to everyone who has ordered already.

I'm expecting to receive the first samples within a week, then we test, then we start packing lots of orders. Hoping to ship in Feb instead of March, as things are ahead of schedule so far.

Can you write " Demo Not For Resale" with a blue marker on my disc, so that it's as authentic to the original release?

j/k it looks excellent BTW. Looking forward to this on the NUON.

I can do that for you if you want authentic handwriting :)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6