IGNORED

"Dragonfly" preorder

rj1307

I have a request for either rj1307 or anyone who receives their Dragonfly in either red or purple... if you could just post a few well lit pics of the shell so we can all get an idea of the actual colors.

Thanks in advance.

I believe it comes with a standard power wire for use on the normal 7800 power plug. So basically one end goes into the Dragonfly and the other end into the 7800 power plug. But I think the Dragonfly has a standard 2.1x5.5mm barrel jack on it for its own power. That would allow you to use a Genesis/Megadrive PSU, SMS, Jaguar.

The small cable he is listing here, I believe is for those that have internally modified their 7800s either with a replacement power port installed, or using a cable adapter similar to the ones I was selling. 

The DF cart is what power is initially provided to and then it passes the power onto through to the 7800 once it has loaded up the selected game to simulate it to the 7800 when powered on. @rj1307 will of course correct or clarify this but I believe that is the case.

So if I'm reading the instructions correctly, we will have to source a PSU that matches the Genesis/Jaguar plug size, but uses center tip + which is the opposite of what those consoles used. Hmm... I' don't think I have anything like that on hand setup that way but I'm sure I can cut some wires and reverse em if needed. 

@-^CrossBow^- pretty much as you explained it.

Regarding 2.1mm centre positive PSU's, for those of us who are not that electrically minded, they seem to be readily available on amazon and places like that and are fairly inexpensive. I think it's recommended to have min 9v 1A, recommended 1.5A. The new PSU + socket I got with my 7800 was a straight plug in. So I plug that into the cart not the 7800. You then link the passback cable from the cart to the 7800 power socket so the cart passes power to the 7800.

3 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

@-^CrossBow^- pretty much as you explained it.

Regarding 2.1mm centre positive PSU's, for those of us who are not that electrically minded, they seem to be readily available on amazon and places like that and are fairly inexpensive. I think it's recommended to have min 9v 1A, recommended 1.5A. The new PSU + socket I got with my 7800 was a straight plug in. So I plug that into the cart not the 7800. You then link the passback cable from the cart to the 7800 power socket so the cart passes power to the 7800.

Could you provide a link to the right PSU? Thanks!

4 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

But I think the Dragonfly has a standard 2.1x5.5mm barrel jack on it for its own power. That would allow you to use a Genesis/Megadrive PSU, SMS, Jaguar.

3 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

I think it's recommended to have min 9v 1A, recommended 1.5A.

On the instruction manual, I'm reading a minimum of 1.5A, therefore it seems that a Genesis/Megadrive, SMS, Jaguar PSU is not sufficient.

345960730_Dragonflypreorder.thumb.PNG.fbd0972f89745beddf47b90bccad67b9.PNG

Edited by Defender_2600
  • Thanks 1