IGNORED

"Dragonfly" preorder

rj1307

14 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

This kind of thing just gives me more incentive to replace that proprietary jack on my daily-driver 7800 with a common 5.5/2.1 barrel jack. That stupid POS decision by GCC/Atari has given far too many owners headaches when those bullshit OG power adapters die, probably because of a break in those tiny little conductors they chose for the wires. 

I actually think Atari may have done it on purpose to prevent consumers from using the wrong PSU with the 7800 because they weren't paying attention. Think about how the issue with the 5200 adapter and 8-bit drives? Or someone thinking they can use an NES adapter in something because it fits? I'm more shocked that Atari decided to use a common barrel jack on the Jaguar but then they also designed it so it could use the same thing a Genesis/SMS/TG-16 could use and by then, the SNES was the more likely competition and that uses a totally different power connector.

Anyway, that adapter that CPUWIZ posted will work for those that want to use a Genesis PSU with the DF or have modded their internal power connector on the 7800 with a barrel jack wired for using with a Genesis like PSU using Center - polarity.

Either way you do it, the DF cart is still a fantastic piece of hardware!

Received my Dragonfly with Pokemax and YM2151. Works great Played about 10 hours on it over the past two days. Zero issues on my end. 

Also for the power supply I linked to back in the other thread last month works with out issues. So if your are looking for a high-quality cheap supply (under $7) this one has been confirmed to work with out issue. Kind of knew it would since I've used a bunch of them already in other projects

Amazon.com: 9V1.5A Power Adapter, Cable Length 5 feet, with Magnetic Ring Anti-Interference: Electronics 

• Like 4

Just received my Dragonfly. It's very nice looking. We should have a box and manual made up for it. I can tell barely on the edges that it was 3D printed, but the front and back have a very nice faux-leather like texture. Don't know how that was accomplished.

14 minutes ago, cedropoole said:

+1 (Pokey&YM) any color just tell me when and where to pay you.

8 minutes ago, cedropoole said:

I would like to pre-order a Dragonfly with Pokey Max and YM2151 module plus cable with a 5.5/2.1mm plug (for people who converted the console power supply to a socket in this standard). Any color will do. Just tell me when and where to pay you.

Did you really need to post twice? Read the first post on page 1 and be patient. You’re pretty darn far down the list at this point. 

I truly apologize if this upset you but I did not intend to post twice. I thought I was editing the original post but on afterthought, I no longer wish to pre-order. Thank you for your time and patience with someone new to forums, et al.

Edited by cedropoole
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cedropoole said:

I truly apologize if this upset you but I did not intend to post twice. I thought I was editing the original post but on afterthought, I no longer wish to pre-order. Thank you for your time and patience with someone new to forums, et al.

Don't worry about it, it happens all the time.  Shouldn't stop you from wanting to order one.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GoldenWheels said:

Just got mine, it is a beauty for sure.

Did anyone link to a PS yet that is a sure thing? I have seen the various needed aspects described in the OP of course but always feel better buying something someone else has already tried. Especially with PSs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SJRF9RT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1