IGNORED

"Dragonfly" preorder

rj1307

10 minutes ago, shiz said:

I was wondering, is it possible to make other games use the Pokey chip for music and sound instead of the standard chip (forgot which it is) or does that require a romhack?

The game (or hack) must have code specifically targeted to the Pokey or Yamaha, as you suspected.

23 hours ago, rj1307 said:

I updated the list .

ATTENTION!

Unfortunately, starting today I am quarantining due to a positive test for Covid, so I will resume further shipments in about two weeks. :( 

Godspeed Rafal!  I hope it is a mild or asymptomatic case for you.  Get better soon!!

ATTENTION!

Unfortunately, starting today I am quarantining due to a positive test for Covid, so I will resume further shipments in about two weeks. :( 

Hi Rafal.

I'm one of the last who have received his DragonFly up to day so, first, thanks for this ?

I wish you to recover quickly.

Take care.

JihemB

• Like 1

Hi Rafal.

I tested my DragonFly today. 

With no surprise I worked flawlessly out the box and I spent some time on Choplifter :-). 

Many thinks again for this very good job (I still wonder why my "Concerto" has never been able to play a single game ?).

Take care.

On 4/17/2021 at 11:26 AM, JihemB said:

Hi Rafal.

I tested my DragonFly today. 

With no surprise I worked flawlessly out the box and I spent some time on Choplifter :-). 

Many thinks again for this very good job (I still wonder why my "Concerto" has never been able to play a single game ?).

Take care.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an incompatibility issue with Concerto on your console. I also apologize that I have been too busy for a firmware release to improve compatibility. I expect to get back to firmware improvements before long though.

• Like 4

On 4/20/2021 at 1:35 AM, batari said:

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an incompatibility issue with Concerto on your console. I also apologize that I have been too busy for a firmware release to improve compatibility. I expect to get back to firmware improvements before long though.

Hi Batari.

I hope you and everyone in this thread understood my point was not to criticize your job nor the Concerto but what I understand is that the work on the Concerto predates that of DragonFly and yet at the moment it is not yet mature.

Since this is not the subject of this thread I contact you via PM.

My apologies for squatting this thread.

Hi Rafal, Matt Myers here, unfortunately I couldn't read that last e-mail you sent me. I realized that I left out the one in your e-mail address and that is why you never received the money. I will contact paypal to let them know my mistake so I can get refunded and get you paid. Regards!

Hi,

Hope you are OK and get over the Covid... can you make a red (Burgundy?) Dragonfly for me please with POKEYMAX and Yamaha. Shipping to UK.

Thanks in advance for your contribution to the real ATARI world, you are clearly a genius!

Richard S

• Like 1

So the power supply HAS to be going to the cartridge? I might have a problem, I got this French 7800 and it has a totally different input, tried with another 9 volt 2A power supply which did fit on the cartridge but the cartridge itself wont turn on no matter which swich I turn on/flip

IMG_20210505_193221_488.jpg

23 minutes ago, shiz said:

So the power supply HAS to be going to the cartridge? I might have a problem, I got this French 7800 and it has a totally different input, tried with another 9 volt 2A power supply which did fit on the cartridge but the cartridge itself wont turn on no matter which swich I turn on/flip

IMG_20210505_193221_488.jpg

Yes the DF requires its own power supply. 9v 1.5A with polarity center positive in your case since the 7800 would be powered separately.

So in your case, you will need two different PSUs. The one you have now for your 7800 still connected to the 7800 and your other one plugged into the DF cart to power it.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:12 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

Yes the DF requires its own power supply. 9v 1.5A with polarity center positive in your case since the 7800 would be powered separately.

So in your case, you will need two different PSUs. The one you have now for your 7800 still connected to the 7800 and your other one plugged into the DF cart to power it.

Doesn't do anything though, the console powers up but the cartridge still show nothing