IGNORED

"Dragonfly" preorder

rj1307

• 2 weeks later...

Please put me on the list for 1 Dragonfly BASIC SD cart/card, no Pokey or YM options.  I'll let you decide which color, surprise me!

Edited by Gunstar

10 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Please put me on the list for 1 Dragonfly BASIC SD cart/card, no Pokey or YM options.  I'll let you decide which color, surprise me!

Since I found out from @DrVenkman that there is software that utilizes the YM2151, I want to change my pre-order to 1x Dragonfly + YM board, either color case.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:11 AM, leech said:

Ha, got JagGD yesterday and my Dragonfly today (would have gotten it at the same time, but I was at the office, so had to pick up the Dragonfly at the post office)

I've broken my budget for this hobby this past month for the year. I recently got the Skunkboard V5, just got notice and payed for the Jaguar GD, bought the PAL 7800, got two copies of The Last Squadron for the A8, and a Pokeymax V3 also. And now I'm pre-ordering the Dragonfly. In total I've spent over $600 before paying for the Dragonfly. You can probably double the amount for all the 8-bit Atari stuff I've bought since the beginning of the year! The Dragonfly is definitely my last purchase for this hobby until at least the Christmas season. But I'm a happy camper who will finally make time for all these toys on my birthday in two weeks (my excuse reason for much of it is B-day gifts to myself-which is the only way I get Atari stuff for my B-day).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I've broken my budget for this hobby this past month for the year. I recently got the Skunkboard V5, just got notice and payed for the Jaguar GD, bought the PAL 7800, got two copies of The Last Squadron for the A8, and a Pokeymax V3 also. And now I'm pre-ordering the Dragonfly. In total I've spent over $600 before paying for the Dragonfly. You can probably double the amount for all the 8-bit Atari stuff I've bought since the beginning of the year! The Dragonfly is definitely my last purchase for this hobby until at least the Christmas season. But I'm a happy camper who will finally make time for all these toys on my birthday in two weeks (my excuse reason for much of it is B-day gifts to myself-which is the only way I get Atari stuff for my B-day).

Nice!  Hopefully, unlike me, you have time to play with all the Atari stuff!

2 hours ago, leech said:

Nice!  Hopefully, unlike me, you have time to play with all the Atari stuff!

Not really, at this time of year. Come winter it all keeps me busy and the cabin fever away. Unfortunately much of the stuff I have a small window of opportunity to purchase as many times it's limited runs and pre-orders, waiting to hear your pre-order is ready and then you have to buy it right away...So I can't wait to purchase the stuff until I have time to use it.

The Jag GD is a perfect example. IIRC I signed up for the AA store pre-order well over a year ago, and finally heard mine was ready out of the blue, with 48 hours to respond for a link to purchase right away. I actually pre-ordered the Skunkboard V5 as it seemed a more imminent product (I did only wait about 6 months for it) and with many things in Jaguar land, I wasn't sure the Jag GD would ever actually materialize even if pre-orders had been taken. Little did I know that my Skunkboard V5 pre-order would end up arriving only a week before I got news of my Jaguar GD! But I needed one or the other ASAP for development team purposes (non-disclosure agreement stuff, so please nobody ask)

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, Gunstar said:

Not really, at this time of year. Come winter it all keeps me busy and the cabin fever away. Unfortunately much of the stuff I have a small window of opportunity to purchase as many times it's limited runs and pre-orders, waiting to hear your pre-order is ready and then you have to buy it right away...So I can't wait to purchase the stuff until I have time to use it.

The Jag GD is a perfect example. IIRC I signed up for the AA store pre-order well over a year ago, and finally heard mine was ready out of the blue, with 48 hours to respond for a link to purchase right away. I actually pre-ordered the Skunkboard V5 as it seemed a more imminent product (I did only wait about 6 months for it) and with many things in Jaguar land, I wasn't sure the Jag GD would ever actually materialize even if pre-orders had been taken. Little did I know that my Skunkboard V5 pre-order would end up arriving only a week before I got news of my Jaguar GD! But I needed one or the other ASAP for development team purposes (non-disclosure agreement stuff, so please nobody ask)

So... what are you working on... just kidding!  Nice!  You know, I was going to try to get a Skunkboard V5, but I've never actually used my other one... Today I started taking apart my towerized Amiga 4000 to upgrade kickstart to 3.2... got as far as pulling out the Zorro cards, remembering how much of a pain in the ass (and knuckles) to pull it all out of that sharp-edged bastard... and decided I should eat lunch first. 

Always excited for more development on the Jag, I kind of feel there needs to be a 'confirmed developer list' of people who get the hardware first.

44 minutes ago, leech said:

So... what are you working on... just kidding!  Nice!  You know, I was going to try to get a Skunkboard V5, but I've never actually used my other one... Today I started taking apart my towerized Amiga 4000 to upgrade kickstart to 3.2... got as far as pulling out the Zorro cards, remembering how much of a pain in the ass (and knuckles) to pull it all out of that sharp-edged bastard... and decided I should eat lunch first. 

Always excited for more development on the Jag, I kind of feel there needs to be a 'confirmed developer list' of people who get the hardware first.

I can tell you one thing about the team/group. More than one one person is a professional games developer and helped develop games for the Jaguar back in the 90's. Though not necessarily published games. All members but myself and one other, IIRC, are life-long game programmers. I'm merely a tester and may contribute to some graphic art.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 3:49 PM, Muddyfunster said:

@rj1307 Rafal, will you be doing another run of Dragonfly's in the future ?

I will have the Dragonfly cartridge and the YM module all the time, the problem is with Pokey Max at the moment. 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:26 PM, Spancho said:

In there is another run:

Please add me for the purple dragonfly+ Pokey Max+ YM2151

Unfortunately, as of today, the Pokey Max stock has run out, unless someone on the list in front of you resigns from purchasing. 

• Like 3

Hello!

I’m an AA member who had the misfortune of being on a 2yr hiatus due to a car accident. I’m finally back and looking to game again. I have read this thread, and I realize the Dragonfly is currently ‘out of stock’. If you ever decide to produce a 2nd run, please put me down for a Dragonfly with PokeyMax, please.

I’m a patient man who doesn’t mind waiting for great products like this! 

23 minutes ago, rj1307 said:

Dragonfly is available but without PokeyMax. 

Do you suggest waiting for the version that contains Pokey support or should I just buy the current one for sale? I ask because I’ve been gone for quite some time, and I am unaware of how many hombrew releases (since my absence) 

support the Pokey chip.