Jump to content
DrVenkman

.cas File Support for FujiNet

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, nadir said:

FujiNet 1.5 and aha...  I didn't realize there was a webpage on board the device. It's set to B Button Press.  I had printed out the guide (which must be out of date?), but it lists Button B as just being for print debug info, safe reset, and reset config!  If I try Button B, I actually do get the orange light now.  Solid for a bit, then starts cycling on/off slowly.  Eventually it quits doing that and I end up frozen on the blue screen with a cursor, but at least it looks like it's trying to do something at the beginning now...

Quick sanity check: is your FujiNet's firmware current?  If not, I would recommend updating.

 

As regards the B Button / Pulldown Resistor option, set it to Pulldown Resistor and retry loading the image.  Use the Return key or space bar to start loading.

 

The fact that you're getting some flashing of the orange light suggests that the FujiNet is receiving tape data.  However, you may want to check what I said earlier re: loading .cas files over the Internet.

6 minutes ago, nadir said:

I see there is an HSIO index thing in that web config too.  Do I need to try experimenting with that as well?  It's showing "6: 67Kb" currently.

For now, leave that set where it is ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why wouldn't it just use the motor control line to auto start and auto stop the tape data stream? pressing a button or using a resistor does what exactly... if you load a .cas file it should know that already and engage the play button and not act like the motor is moving (ie not actually start or act as if soft paused) until motor control says so... maybe use the button/resistor for record button/recording data.... i dunno, something just seems odd...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

why wouldn't it just use the motor control line to auto start and auto stop the tape data stream? pressing a button or using a resistor does what exactly... if you load a .cas file it should know that already and engage the play button and not act like the motor is moving (ie not actually start or act as if soft paused) until motor control says so... maybe use the button/resistor for record button/recording data.... i dunno, something just seems odd...

The first batch of FujiNet hardware shipped before CAS support was added and lack the required pulldown resistor on the MOTOR line for automatic playback. The B button option is for that first batch of hardware so they can start the tape playback by pressing B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To complement that, if you have the pulldown resistor installed, FujiNet works exactly as you described it: it senses the Mtrctrl line, once it is activated it goes on 'playing' the. CAS file. And stops when mtrctrl line is disabled. 

Edited by manterola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2021 at 6:33 AM, mozzwald said:

The first batch of FujiNet hardware shipped before CAS support was added and lack the required pulldown resistor on the MOTOR line for automatic playback. The B button option is for that first batch of hardware so they can start the tape playback by pressing B.

Indeed. My two standalone units came straight from Mozzwald - prototype/development versions based on 1.1 and 1.2 hardware, and both require B button presses to start .CAS playback. My third unit is a prototype 576NUC+ daughterboard built by Mytek for those of us who assisted him in the beta phase. That one is based on the version 1.5 hardware standard and doesn't require a B button press to load .CAS files. 

 

Having said that, I know there are quite a few units out there from the initial 1.0 release so it's always a good idea to get clarity on the hardware specifics and how the FujiNet itself is configured. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

Quick sanity check: is your FujiNet's firmware current?  If not, I would recommend updating.

 

As regards the B Button / Pulldown Resistor option, set it to Pulldown Resistor and retry loading the image.  Use the Return key or space bar to start loading.

Finally had a chance to check earlier this week and I'm firmware current.  I'll give the pulldown mode a try along with a local copy.  Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any progress in getting the cassette emulation to support wav files and sending the separate audio track, if there is one, back into the atari on sio pin 11?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

Is there any progress in getting the cassette emulation to support wav files and sending the separate audio track, if there is one, back into the atari on sio pin 11?

 

Hasn't been attempted yet. Am hoping somebody will try it. :)

 

-Thom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mutterminder said:

Does this work with hardware version 1.0?  I have updated to the latest firmware, but cassettes don't seem to load.

CAS loading works on all hardware versions. v1.0 required an extra resistor for automatic playback (via MOTOR line) which should be on most units sold (afaik, only my first batch of 50 lack the resistor). Without the resistor you need to set B button to enable playback (in web ui) and the FujiNet B button starts cassette playback:

312940082_Screenshotfrom2021-08-3019-56-07.thumb.png.e9967a5dc626f1865f1f2cb6774bd285.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...