IGNORED

New 2600, 5200, 7800, and Atari 8-bit Computer Games! Pre-Order Today!

Albert

Wednesday update!

I brought another 44 packages to the post office this morning...

PackageCount_2021-07-07.png

MorePackages_2021-07-07.jpg

And was able to buy more bubble wrap locally at reasonable prices.

BubbleWrap_2021-07-07.jpg

Blue!!  Seems appropriate given the blue AtariAge logo.  ;)

Time for more soldering, both for additional games for some orders I skipped as they were missing a game, as well as for outstanding orders (not containing any pre-order games) that I need to get shipped this week.  Also need to Goo Gone more 2600 carts this evening!  Probably won't get any more games shipped today, but will certainly get another big wave out tomorrow. 

..Al

• Like 12

On 7/7/2021 at 1:40 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Aww, now I want a game wrapped in blue bubble wrap.

BlueBubbleWrap.jpg

It does look a lot nicer than the clear bubble wrap.  :)

Spent some time today soldering boards for 2600, 5200, 7800, Atari 8-bit and Jaguar games I need to complete shipment of all these pre-order games.  I then assembled, tested and labeled everything but the 2600 games, which I won't be able to do until tomorrow.  Then used those games to ship out an additional 15 orders this afternoon and evening, and those will be dropped off at the post office in the morning.  I'll then focus on getting the remainder out, which I should be able to do tomorrow night.  After these are all out, I need to get regular orders completed and shipped.  My goal is to have one wave out early next week (wanted to have them done early this week, but that didn't happen), and then another wave of more current orders (I opened the store back up this week) out by next Saturday at the very latest. 

I look forward to seeing reactions and photos as all these games start arriving.  I know at least one person here in Texas received his games today. 

..Al

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jetset said:

LOL I bet the post office reps fight to see who goes on coffee break when Albert pulls up!

All my packages already have postage on them and I give the clerk a single form they can scan for the entire lot of packages. In the case of the 300 I brought to the post office on a Tuesday, I was able to drop off those around back at the loading dock. That would have been extraordinarily tedious if I had to bring them in through the lobby. 

..Al

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Albert said:

All my packages already have postage on them and I give the clerk a single form they can scan for the entire lot of packages. In the case of the 300 I brought to the post office on a Tuesday, I was able to drop off those around back at the loading dock. That would have been extraordinarily tedious if I had to bring them in through the lobby. 

..Al

Pretty handy! That's some serious love for the community you have to go to a loading dock to drop off stuff for shipping! You're probably keeping the PO afloat.
Kidding aside. Thanks for all you do. I'm too lazy to even alphabetize my stuff. I see the hundreds of boxes and carts and manuals and shipping boxes and am amazed. You da man!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

?

That Robot City box looks a bit mushy. I hope that's only your camera and the plastic around it. This is how it was planned:

image.thumb.png.5c71a7d9b16273fb404919037c92e48f.png  

Box is great. Just how it looks in the pic, due to the bag.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nadir said:

Mine arrived today, a day early!  Which wasn't totally unexpected.  Lately USPS had been running about 1 day early on actual deliveries than the original estimates.  FedEx about 2 days late.  UPS on time.

They each pick straws every month.  FedEx won, so they can be a bit lazier.

• Haha 1

Finally got to dig into mine and play them for the first time.  Well worth the wait.  Not only are the games great, but the boxes and manuals are just amazing.  Everything is just perfect.  Including the packaging for shipment.  The attention to detail is evident all the way through every step of the process from development through graphics/sound, to artwork/manuals, and finally down to the way it was packed in the box that arrived at my doorstep.  Even the labels on the shipping package were perfectly placed.  Congrats to everyone involved and especially to Al who definitely had his hands full with such a large drop of games all at one time!

• Like 6

Received my games today.  The quality of everything is top notch.  Everything is packaged neatly and securely so there's little to no chance of anything arriving damaged.  Al has the highest of expectations with regard to the quality of the manuals and boxes and it certainly shows.  The slightest of flaws is unacceptable.  I'd rather wait for the box/manual to be reprinted if it meant everything would be just right.  This was definitely worth the wait.

The games, as always, are the highest of quality.  Kudos to everyone that puts in the hours and hours of work to make them.  It's amazing to see how the teams are able to collaborate from across the country (or even across the globe) to put out such amazing games.  Thank you for keeping these systems alive!

Thank you, Al, for all you do for this community.  I honestly don't think I'd have the love for my classic systems that I have today, if it weren't for you and AtariAge.

• Like 4