IGNORED

New 2600, 5200, 7800, and Atari 8-bit Computer Games! Pre-Order Today!

Albert

7 hours ago, Cafeman said:

There is a man who has shopped at IKEA!

My local Ikea has the most amazing meat balls in the restaurant, it's the only reason I agree to go with my Wife there. I also walk around loudly shouting the Swedish names of the products pretending I'm a Viking. This usually moves my Wife along in sections where she may spend an obscene amount of money on tat.

Going in there is like going into my teenage daughters room, I usually end up coming out with 4 cups a couple of plates, a bowl and assorted cutlery and sometimes a tea towel.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, D Train said:

I love seeing the steps and the volume that is being processed.  it would be great (for the future) if the photos and text could be prepackaged into a "why is my order taking so long?" thread that just documents the process.

There won't be a next time like this.

and am I correct in understanding that you're processing over 1,000 cartridges?

That is correct.  Just to be clear, when I'm done, there will be additional drawers used for these games as well (only a portion of the drawers are visible in this photo).

holy smokes.

:)

..Al

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Albert said:

Here's another photo showing plastic bins full of already assembled pre-order games (2600, 5200, 7800, and Atari 8-bit).  These drawers generally hold 72 Atari 2600 carts, and varying amounts of 5200, Jaguar and 8-bit games.  There are 11 drawers full of pre-order games (some labeled, some not), and three drawers of 2600 games that have already had labels removed and are ready to be cleaned before they can be used for games.

Bins_Of_Games_2021-06-13.jpg

And here's a single drawer of 2600 carts.

Single_Drawer_Of_Games_2021-06-13.jpg

The unlabeled games will be tested and labeled this week, the only pre-order game that hasn't been built yet is Zoo Keeper.  The the extra games for these orders will also be built this week, and all the games will be boxed next weekend.  Then I'll be ready to ship everything out!  :D

Will continue to post updates of my progress during the week.  Going to take a break now (have been working on these games all weekend!) and then Goo Gone another batch of 80 carts.  That's my last task for the day, then will relax for a bit and watch the latest episode of Bad Batch and another episode or two of War of the Worlds.  Then sleep, then back at it tomorrow!

..Al

Whoa, they started another War of the Worlds show?  Nice!  I am a fan of the book, the 50s movie and even that crappy one that was modeled after the book and the early 90s TV show.  But nit the Tom Cruise movie.  It was shit.

Awesome work on the carts!

1 minute ago, Muddyfunster said:

it's very average, not terrible, but not great.

Probably will watch it after this French version is concluded.  It's in the second season now, I think only two episodes are available thus far.  First season is available on Amazon Prime, but looks like I'll need to pay to watch the second season.  Not sure how many seasons they are planning for.

..Al

• Like 1

I built the first bin of Zoo Keeper cartridges last night, and will shortly be working on another bin of them.  Today I'll also be working on soldering and assembling extra games for all these pre-orders, and that'll take me 2-3 days to complete.  Will also be testing and labeling the pre-order 2600 games while I'm doing this (although, sadly, not at the same time).  Here's a photo of this first bin of Zoo Keepers:

ZooKeeperCarts_2021-06-14.jpg

Here's a (more interesting) photo of some Melody boards before I started turning them into Zoo Keepers last night:

MelodyBoards_2021-06-14.jpg

Back to it!

..Al

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

I built the first bin of Zoo Keeper cartridges last night, and will shortly be working on another bin of them. 

I'm pretty sure I see mine.? Thanks for the updates. I like to see the work that goes on behind the curtain.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

Here's a (more interesting) photo of some Melody boards before I started turning them into Zoo Keepers last night:

That reminds me, I have a last minute update to the ZK ROM file, I'll send it right away! :D 

j/k ;)  (Inside joke between Al & I - I've had a few last minute 'updates' to ZK the last few months (e.g. zookeeper_final_rev2_final_update3_final_last_change_I_promise_oops_one_more_rev4.bin) :P  

Thanks for all the hard work Al!

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

34 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

That reminds me, I have a last minute update to the ZK ROM file, I'll send it right away! :D 

j/k ;)  (Inside joke between Al & I - I've had a few last minute 'updates' to ZK the last few months (e.g. zookeeper_final_rev2_final_update3_final_last_change_I_promise_oops_one_more_rev4.bin) :P  

Another great reason to be excited about a future game ROM file AtariAge store!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, MrZarniwoop said:

Yes, I am looking forward to this as well.  I've already chosen the new store software that will be replacing the current software.  It's much nicer overall, has lots of great features, and will give me considerably more flexibility, including offering game ROMs for sale alongside physical games.  I will be working on this in earnest once I get these orders shipped.

..Al

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, johnnywc said:

You almost gave me a heart attack with "rev4.bin". 

..Al

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, MrZarniwoop said:

Downloadable patches and no packaging, remind you of something everyone always bitches about? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just finished the second bin of Zoo Keeper cartridges!

More_ZooKeeper_2021-06-15.jpg

And this still isn't all of them.  Will get the remainder built tomorrow.  :)

Now have two more bins of pre-order games, so here's an updated photo of the wall of bins..  The two drawers of Zoo Keepers are at the top.

Bins_Of_Games_2021-06-15.jpg

And finally, for something different, here are all the folded Zoo Keeper and Venture Reloaded posters needed for these orders.  :)

ZooKeeper_VentureReloaded_Posters_2021-06-15.jpg

No, they did not come folded!  One time I had the printer fold an order of posters, and that ended up being a complete disaster.  They didn't score the posters first, so when they folded them there was a solid white line where each fold occurred.  I was amazed that they actually sent me the order like that, and yes, they did reprint them.  Again, printing is an exercise in fun!  :)

..Al

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

Looks good!  These are the "Spinal Tap - None More Black" Special Edition versions, right? ;)  I'm pretty proud of that label design - my first and only! :D  

I’d like one of these label variants, with matching box of course.?