IGNORED

Calling for Beta Testers!

Dionoid

Hi, I'm looking for volunteers who would like to beta test a new Atari 2600 game which I'm working on.

I cannot provide details about the game here, but it's an action-puzzle style game (think Boulder Dash, Lode Runner, Sokoban, Lemmings, etc.)

The game engine itself is pretty stable, but most of the levels are untested. That's where you come in ?

What you'll need:

• Some free time.
  • Preferably a Harmony cart for testing on an actual Atari 2600 or Atari 7800.
  • Being persistent in learning game rules and solving puzzles.

What you'll get:

• Access to a private AtariAge club with early, pre-release ROMs of the game.
  • The joy of participating on a really cool project.
  • A chance to have your feedback actually influence the development of a game (to some extent!).
  • And of course, my eternal gratitude ?

If you are interested, just reply to this topic or send me a private message. I'd appreciate if only those seriously interested in actual testing request it.

Cheers,
Dion

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 12

As a puzzler fan (and author of two - boulder dash (with Thomas) and Qb), I would be happy to give it a whiz.

More particularly, I can test on a PlusCart on both NTSC and PAL consoles.

Edit: and sokoboo!!! how could i forget.

and chess, which is a puzzler sorta....

Edited by Andrew Davie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dionoid said:

Wow, I didn't expect this many volunteers! I think I've got enough beta testers for now ?

Give me some time to process and respond to the applications (both here and in the PM box).

Thanks!!!!

Dion

You can share your test ROMs with PlusCart users via the nextcloud sharing function.

Hi all, at the moment I've got over 20 beta testers (with a Harmony cartridge), which is the about the maximum number of testers I can manage, as I've got to check who is testing what level, look at their feedback, keep track of fixed bugs, etc.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered to help out (either in a reply to this topic or PM) and sorry in case I couldn't accept your offer.

I really appreciate how this community is supporting homebrew game developers!

Cheers,

Dion

• Like 2