IGNORED

Wanted - Roland MPU-105 Midi Selector

-^CrossBow^-

I don't usually post anything in the Wanted section and in fact this could be my first time doing it. But, I've looked online in the past and these simply do NOT come up very often. But as I own 3 different midi modules I use for playing old late 80s and 90s era PC games that used these, I've been wanting to find an easier way to select the modules I want to use. The MPU-105 allows for a single Midi IN connection that you can then select up to 5 other MIDI outs to use the signal. In this case, the MIDI in would be my USB-MIDI cable from my PC with each of the Midi outs going to the Midi IN on each module. From there I would still need to use my audio selector as well. This is desirable because my current cheaper solution for this works, but isn't the most ideal. Currently I use my MT-32 as the primary module with passthru Midi cables from the Midi out into the Midi in on another module, and another passthru from the Midi out/thru to last modules Midi in. That means that in order to listen to my 3rd module in the setup, I have to power on the other 2 modules as well. Not a huge thing but I'd rather just power on the module I need or want to use and be good to go. Another issue is that with the MT-32 first in line, some of the stuff that requires the newer modules first will generate midi errors to the MT-32 and on rare occasions that will effect what is getting sent to the other modules downline. It just isn't ideal...

So yeah... curious if anyone here might have leads to someone that might have some of this old stuff and happens to have one of these they aren't using or need. Interested to know if there are alternatives that do the same thing easily as well that I have overlooked or simply not aware of.

BTW. there is also the MPU-104 and it looks EXACTLY the same on initial appearance, but it is the exact opposite of the 105 in function and NOT what I need or am looking for.

I love old Roland gear so this caught my eye. 

It’s not mine but there’s one available on Reverb.com for $60 + $10 shipping. 

I know it’s not very cheap for what it is but there’s no such thing as cheap classic Roland gear. 

You could alternatively just use a MIDI thru box such as a Kenton Thru-5 but all outputs would be live at the same time and not switchable. Similar price and brand new but not as cool as the MPU-105 :)

Edited by Tea Party

21 minutes ago, Tea Party said:

It’s not mine but there’s one available on Reverb.com for $60 + $10 shipping. 

Linki? I've been looking as I've purchased a few things off Reverb in the past but didn't see this one so yeah... Link?

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 8:56 AM, Nezgar said:

Oh yes, I've seen this listed a few times but I'm not paying nearly $200 for this. I did try to win an ebay auction not long ago for not one but 2 of these together but got outbid at the last minute at just over $100. I will keep on the look out, but yeah these don't seem to come up too often.

• 1 month later...