IGNORED

HSC - Holiday Triple Pack w/ Bonus Game

Rickster8

Hello InTV Gamers: The HSC Holiday Triple Pack w/ Bonus Game is now LIVE!!!

I am hoping for this to be an annual thing at Christmas time. This Holiday Triple Pack will be used going forward to help us CRAZY InTV gamers get through the dreaded down time between seasons. ? This year's inaugural run will have the theme of 'Winter Games', meaning all 4 games will be of the Winter variety. They are as follows:

Game 1 - Christmas Carol - Help save Christmas

Game 2 - Thin Ice - Duncan the Penguin is on Thin Ice

Game 3 - Ice Trek - You are Vali the Avenger on a perilous ice trek to prevent a devastating Ice Age. 

Bonus game - Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey or NHL Hockey - You can either play against the computer (Slap Shot) or against another player (NHL Hockey). Post a screen shot of the ending score. Biggest point differential wins the most points. For example, if you beat the computer or another player 13-5, then your differential score is 8. Bonus game points will be +7, down to +1 for participation. 

Scoring will be the same as it was in Season 13 - 13 points all the way down to 1 point, 10 point metric is skipped. +2 points will be awarded for each game winner. (+1 for the bonus game winner). +3 will be awarded for breaking and setting new records. +2 for breaking old records. +1 for tying old records. 

These games will run for 3 weeks and will end New Year's Eve when the Ball drops in NYC. GOODBYE 2020!!! All games can be played at whatever level you want to play at. Obviously if there's an easy level and that will generate the most points, then there you go. Play at your leisure and have some good holiday InTV gaming fun..... ?

All posting will be in this one thread. All you have to do is post a pic of your score and you are entered. As far as I can tell these are the HSC records for the 3 games. Christmas Carol 14,034 pts; Thin Ice 440,510 pts; Ice Trek 34,220 pts. There is no HSC record for Hockey yet so the winner of this bonus game will be the new record so essentially the Hockey game winner will be getting 11 points..... +7, +1, +3.... (NOTE: Please play either against the computer or against another player). 

Here are the overlays for all 5 games (playing 4 games)....

567479149_ChristmasCarolOverlay.thumb.png.628e70cad9657843faa587f5f13034a9.png1598043405_ThinIceOverlay.thumb.jpg.5e12b484eca2585fbbbe48c853faf690.jpg567372767_IceTrekOverlay.thumb.jpg.f1cd602f3c1b31b65d37d2361d458fb7.jpg

200226326_SlapShotOverlay.thumb.jpg.3d6b7ae595a533ff77628d8e72157e81.jpg1515988464_HockeyOverlay.thumb.jpg.47fb7db8186454b2b452a94041a65c92.jpg

ENJOY and Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays / Happy New Year to all.... ???

@IntyFanMatt @BiffMan @JacobZu7zu7 @mr_me @Ace24 @fakecortex @Player One @popsicle @gar0u @hoosierdadee78 @Intelligentleman @roadrunner @jblenkle @JasonlikesINTV @Mangia-Boy @wolfy62 @ed1475 @Oscar G. @Jimmy KDawg @S.BAZ @dpisacane @cmadruga @Bamse @Ignorama @m-crew @ClassicGMR @felson42 @cparsley @mr_intv @gezkc @darthkur @patbb @Intymike @scalpel @Mister VCS

Edited by Rickster8
Updated a scoring record
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Slap Shot Update: Let's Get This Party Started....

I went off in the 1st period. Got half my goals in the 1st and then it pretty much leveled off after that... ???

FINAL Score 39-15; Biggest Blowout Differential = 24

HOCKEY(3915)DIFF24.jpg.aa195911e9f1dee42b47621a0b1dec7b.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

The highest score I could find for Carol vs Ghost was 16,955.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161118202946/https://www.carolvsghost.com/cvw/2015/pg_leaderboard.html

Edit: Actually, it might be 29,159.

Those are absolutely insane scores. I can barely get above 600, I can’t imagine reaching scores in the thousands.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Those are the “freezes” I had left. I didn’t use many in that game, but if you press the side button it will freeze the bear when it comes out so you can dunk him. 

Lol I had NO IDEA!!! the overlay I posted doesn't seem to say anything about it.... ?

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Lol I had NO IDEA!!! the overlay I posted doesn't seem to say anything about it.... ?

Lol! Yeah it’s like they wanted to keep it a secret but it’s in the manual. If you capture the lobster that walks out of the water, it gives you an extra freeze. Definitely useful but I wish it froze the seal. Can’t stand that bastard.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Slap Shot Update: Let's Get This Party Started....

I went off in the 1st period. Got half my goals in the 1st and then it pretty much leveled off after that... ???

FINAL Score 39-15; Biggest Blowout Differential = 24

HOCKEY(3915)DIFF24.jpg.aa195911e9f1dee42b47621a0b1dec7b.jpg

That's a lot of goals!

31 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

The cartridge never shipped with overlays.

• Like 3

It was an epic battle between father and son, and the apprentice almost won, but the master prevailed in the end. ?

Me: 4

My son Logan: 3 =

+ 1 differential

We had a little bit of fun with this one but overall we thought the gameplay was pretty slow and boring. The color scheme for this original hockey game is god awful too. Yuck! Will probably be the only time we play it. 

86250E62-2814-4C22-A55F-F4394F9B172A.jpeg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Didn't realize hockey has a full real-time clock... will have to try that again later when time permits.  Hopefully I'll still manage to post a negative score differential if the next game goes at all like the first one was going.  

In the meantime, here's my first attempt at Thin Ice with no idea how to play it.  I like how the penguin on the right is doing a Dab way before it was cool to do so. ? 

Also, why am I trying to murder my fellow penguins?  I get that I should take out the seal because he's a complete fucker, but is there some backstory that the other penguins made fun of me when I was young or something and I shall now paint the ice red with their blood?

20201213_152828.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Didn't realize hockey has a full real-time clock... will have to try that again later when time permits.  Hopefully I'll still manage to post a negative score differential if the next game goes at all like the first one was going.  

In the meantime, here's my first attempt at Thin Ice with no idea how to play it.  I like how the penguin on the right is doing a Dab way before it was cool to do so. ? 

Also, why am I trying to murder my fellow penguins?  I get that I should take out the seal because he's a complete fucker, but is there some backstory that the other penguins made fun of me when I was young or something and I shall now paint the ice red with their blood?

20201213_152828.jpg

LOL!  By the way, the clock in hockey is a fast clock...it’s not actual time. It’s like a “Tecmo Bowl” clock. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

LOL!  By the way, the clock in hockey is a fast clock...it’s not actual time. It’s like a “Tecmo Bowl” clock. 

Okay, just seeemed to be taking forever then.  Likely exacerbated by my goalie spending more time on his ass than on his skates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Ice Trek Update: This is first time I've ever played this game... The game is pretty cool, but making the Ice Bridge is painfully hard even on the easiest level.... ?

ICETREK(4190)HTP.jpg.36a83aa3215811cc21182f48c6262ba6.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 2

That seal is a punk.

Thin Ice- 10,100

1762924783_ThinIce2020-12-1417_05_19.thumb.png.acf84aa4a678945b07376d43002a7447.png

Here's my read on the situation- Duncan is a Jackass Penguin (they're real ?) and he's just pullin' some pranks and dunkin' his penguin friends and stealing their shrimp cocktails. But this seal is a goody two shoes and chases him around to stop, even going as far as telling on him to the polar bears who come in the break things up. So the seal is bad, the bear is bad, Duncan is bad...the only good guys here are the friendly penguins, and it's your job to eff up their day. What a game!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

That seal is a punk.

Thin Ice- 10,100

1762924783_ThinIce2020-12-1417_05_19.thumb.png.acf84aa4a678945b07376d43002a7447.png

Here's my read on the situation- Duncan is a Jackass Penguin (they're real ?) and he's just pullin' some pranks and dunkin' his penguin friends and stealing their shrimp cocktails. But this seal is a goody two shoes and chases him around to stop, even going as far as telling on him to the polar bears who come in the break things up. So the seal is bad, the bear is bad, Duncan is bad...the only good guys here are the friendly penguins, and it's your job to eff up their day. What a game!

LOL!  Love that analysis!  That seal is a total a-hole in my book. He isn’t getting invited to any Christmas parties this year. 

• Haha 2